Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted on another board and I think it needs to be mentioned. SB 6900 is a bill that will have the public paying a fee based on the liter displacement of the cars/trucks that we drive. For example, I have a Dodge Ram with a 5.7 liter engine and the annual fee would be $325.00 on top of the license tabs already being collected. I have emailed my senator and we will see what, if any, response I get. The engine displacement fee could go into affect in 2009. Later down the road another fee based on CO2 emissions would start. It isn't clear to me if it is on top of the engine displacement fee or if it replaces that fee.

Here is the first paragraph from the bill:

(1) A vehicle engine displacement fee must be paid and collected
8 annually for motor vehicles subject to the fee under RCW 46.16.0621,
9 except motor homes. The amount of the fee must be based upon the
0 vehicle engine size in liters, which is correlated with vehicle size
11 and vehicle emissions. The fee imposed under this section must be used
12 for transportation purposes, and may not be used for the general
13 support of state government. The vehicle engine displacement fee is
14 that portion of the fee, as reflected on the engine size in liters set
15 forth in the schedule provided in this section, that is in excess of
16 the fees imposed under RCW 46.16.0621 and 46.17.010. For vehicles
17 registered on or after January 1, 2009, the vehicle engine displacement
18 fee under this section is due at the time of initial vehicle
19 registration and any subsequent renewal of vehicle registration.

Engine Size (liters) Rate Schedule
Up to 1.9 $0
2.0 - 2.9 $70
3.0 - 3.9 $225
4.0 - 4.9 $275
5.0 - 5.9 $325
6.0 - 7.9 $400
8.0 or over $600

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Birch Barlow said:
Don't forget about SB 6923 either: light:

http://www.libertylive.org/blog_main/po ... ost_id=342

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/350 ... source=rss

Be sure to thank Seattle's Mayor McCheese, your local elected Democrats and the rest of the Environmentalist Wackos when you pay this ASSinine fee that will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to effect the Earth's temperature!! clap:
Couldnt agree more. They ought to be real proud these days. Tdown:

In fact ... lets give the truly smart dipshiits a nobel peace prize for all this stupidity they come up with. :oops:

I think I figured out my presidential vote tonight.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
One of the functions of a liberal government is to figure out ways for you the taxpayer to spend your discretionary funds. Spending those funds in a manner that creates jobs for the workforce is an anathema to them. You must spend those funds so that they can manage them. Beaurocracy is another spelling for malignancy. And we got lots more coming it would seem.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
And you're suprised about this? If you voted in favor of I-695 (many years back) you have nobody to blame except yourselves. :shock:

I'm just glad I didn't get the HEMI ! :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Skorzeny said:
One of the functions of a liberal government is to figure out ways for you the taxpayer to spend your discretionary funds. Spending those funds in a manner that creates jobs for the workforce is an anathema to them. You must spend those funds so that they can manage them. Beaurocracy is another spelling for malignancy. And we got lots more coming it would seem.
You can't just blame the liberals. Both sides have learned how to spend our money. I blame them all. Heck, GW just spent an extra 160 Billion on welfare for the working man.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It's like a reflex action, jabba. wink:

But the days of blaming the Democrats for being big spenders are over. Your GOP controlled WH and Congress spent money like no group ever has, and when the Dems took control of congress, shockingly, they didn't reign in the spending either.

Now, you didn't think you were going to run up a 9 trillion dollar Visa bill, and not have to make payments on it, did you?

In any case, this bill is garbage. Bigger, less efficient vehicles ALREADY pay an extra fee at the pumps any time they fill up. And a vehicle with a 454 that sits in the garage doesn't pollute as much as a sedan that lays down 50K miles in a year, so levying this fee via licensing is a load of crap.

·
Registered
421 Posts
DanS said:
It's like a reflex action, jabba. wink:

But the days of blaming the Democrats for being big spenders are over. Your GOP controlled WH and Congress spent money like no group ever has, and when the Dems took control of congress, shockingly, they didn't reign in the spending either.

Now, you didn't think you were going to run up a 9 trillion dollar Visa bill, and not have to make payments on it, did you?

In any case, this bill is garbage. Bigger, less efficient vehicles ALREADY pay an extra fee at the pumps any time they fill up. And a vehicle with a 454 that sits in the garage doesn't pollute as much as a sedan that lays down 50K miles in a year, so levying this fee via licensing is a load of crap.
Agreed! The bill is garbage.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mad Cam El, this has nothing to do with replacing lost funds after the passage of 695 as the funds collected by this proposed tax go into the transportation budget only. It states right in the bill that these collected funds will not go into the general fund. What this is is an attempt to tax people out of their cars and trucks and onto some sort of public transportation.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Precisely DB. Furthermore, although everyone who has said the GOP has spent money just as irresponsibly as the Democrats is absolutely correct however, the GOP and the President and the white house DO NOT control are State legislature. If you're gonna complain about the Federal Government that's a subject four another debate. This BS coming out of Olympia rest solely on the shoulders of our long time Democratic controlled State, Local governments and the Democrat Governor.

I've been saying forever, it's only a matter of time before the government comes into your home. Vote Democrat if you want it to occur faster... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Take Nichols and his love cousin Ed Murray and shove their heads so far up Chrissie's butt that the outcomes might have some common sense logic in the future.

How they come up with this crap is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
it's only a matter of time before the government comes into your home. Vote Democrat if you want it to occur faster...
The Patriot Act and I had a little chuckle right there. wink:

Yeah. The Democrats are taxing, spending fools. The Repubs are spending fools who like to make the minimum payment on the maximum credit.

And yet SOME of us choose to defend one or the other parties, when they're both bending you over.

I can't figure out why nothing seems to change in the politics of this country. clown:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"The Patriot Act and I had a little chuckle right there."

I bet that chucle did not cost you a few grand a year however?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I emailed my senator Mike Carrel last night and he actually called my home this morning and left me a message. He stated that if this bill comes up for a vote that he would most definitely be voting against it. He also left me his home phone number and asked that I call him this weekend. I was a little shocked as I expected to get the usual email response that I usually see from my legislators. I will call him this weekend and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
DanS said:
The Patriot Act and I had a little chuckle right there.
Call the New York Times with what ever information ewe have that supports your contention that the Patriot Act has infringed on someones rights. ANYONE!They will need name, phone number, that should do it. They'll take it from their...

I'll betcha you'll be famous. You'll bee on national television. For sure MSNBC, and CNN. You might even make the O'Reilly Factor...And we can all say "WOW !How did DanS our resident lefty manage to find the evidence every single news reporter in the world could not". He's the man!!! Tup: :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts