Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet he is enjoying sticking it to the Democrats every chance he gets. What happened to all the campaign promises of sending a message to the White House?

WASHINGTON â€" Lawmakers unveiled a $500 billion-plus catchall spending bill Sunday, reluctantly sticking within President Bush's budget but still protecting politically sensitive domestic programs from White House cuts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317045,00.html

·
Registered
610 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I bet he is enjoying sticking it to the Democrats every chance he gets. What happened to all the campaign promises of sending a message to the White House?

WASHINGTON â€" Lawmakers unveiled a $500 billion-plus catchall spending bill Sunday, reluctantly sticking within President Bush's budget but still protecting politically sensitive domestic programs from White House cuts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933...00 times** >> >> What the heck happened?????*

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's amazing to me that you are on this Republican run away train. Do you really do the home work? Are you on this site as fisherman or what? You are talking about a guy and an administration that wants to count hatchery fish as natives, log the national forests, that leaves the borders so porous that just about anyone can sneak in, that leaves our ports open to infiltration (only 33% of containers are checked), that cut homeland security dollars, that runs the deficit to a record amount, that has more crooks than a federal prison, that leaks information about or CIA operatives, etc.! I could go on for ever. Please, before you rant do the HOMEWORK! The current administration has done on thing right and that is Afghanistan. It's been down hill from there. People need to get off the party band wagon and look at the individual. Bush claims he is Christian. Christians are supposed to believe in the teachings of Jesus. Look that one up and maybe you will finally learn something! I hope to God that you don't have any children. Because what you are preaching will only insure that their future will be bleak!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Team Aire, you are way off base. Do me a favor. Plug your ears and sneeze so you can blow your head out of your backside. You need to stop watching the View and Oprah. Don't take the insult personally, but I have to throw in a little humor. Start looking into things a little more before you popoff. You kinda look a little silly. You forgot about the fact that we want to starve all the children, deny old people medical, and stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"Are you on this site as fisherman or what? You are talking about a guy and an administration that wants to count hatchery fish as natives, "

Lets see here fisheries in Wa and Or dem controlled states are at all time lows but its GW fault because of a reccomendation that has yet to be implemented. That makes sens eto me if I hit the bong real hard.

"log the national forests, "

There are more trees in the US today than there were 200 years ago they are a renewable resource. Sure logging practices need to be refined even more but even Greenpeace supports logging.

"that leaves the borders so porous that just about anyone can sneak in,

that leaves our ports open to infiltration (only 33% of containers are checked),"

Thats 33% more than were checked before he came to office. If he did such a good job in Afghanistan and their is no muslim threat to the US outside of there what are you worried about?

"that runs the deficit to a record amount,"

The budget Deficiet or the trade deficit? Because the largest contributors to the budget deficit are from programs labled entitilement spending. those increases were mandated by revious presidents and GW had no control over them.
The dems have had a majority in congress for several years now. What did they choose to spend their time on, fighting the president on the war.

"that has more crooks than a federal prison,"

Do you mean DC proper or just the hose and senate?

that leaks information about or CIA operatives
Is that a really big one in your book? if it is then it appears any admin will break your heart?

·
Banned
481 Posts
Team aire, your 100% right Tup: You have to remember that your dealing with the three stooges SH,TK and Ff on the above comments. it kinda a funny that most that took place was on Bushes watch that you mentioned TK. We now have the largest defict in history, fighting wars in two countrys and the prez wants to start a third before he is out of office and he can not even shore up the boarders here at home. Ohhhh yeaaaa Bush has done a bang up job conf: . Whats next .... yea thats right he wants to put us so deep in to a reccesion that it will take 10 years before we will even see the light of day.

·
Banned
481 Posts
The budget Deficiet or the trade deficit? Because the largest contributors to the budget deficit are from programs labled entitilement spending. those increases were mandated by revious presidents and GW had no control over them.
The dems have had a majority in congress for several years now. What did they choose to spend their time on, fighting the president on the war.

Talk about screwed up facts. george boy created the deficit all on his own and the dem have had a slight edge in congress for only 2 years..... but I wouldn't expect anything less from you TK. Hey SH I wonder why nothing has gotten done.... something to do with VETO power.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Horse Puckey, No one is 100% right. One may be 99 and 44/100% correct, like me. On occasion, of course you can be left a large number too, kinda sounds like that's where you might be.

Why oh Why do all those silly people want to come to this country with all its evil politicians and the arch demon Bush himself in charge?

Some times the shoulders of Bush seem so broad he must be Promethius in disguise.

What's a Christian? Is that someone that knows the teachings of Jesus and goes his/her merry way disregarding the tenets because it is inconvenient?
Is it someone that makes pious pronouncements and ultimately sez 'do as I say, not as I do?
If a Christian is one that actually lives the teachings of Jesus, they must be so rare as to be one of the Nth wonders of the planet.
I don't know any of them personally. I can't see past the hypocrites.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
SA, I don't want to slam you, but, you think in a negative manner. You are bitter for some reason. It is easier to complain rather than find a solution. Look at the big picture. In March of 2000, the market started a downward trend. The Nasdaq was at 5200, then fell to 2600 under Slick Willie, prior to Bush taking office. We had 911 which took our mkt down further and many business suffered greatly. Under Bush we have had 26 quarters of positive growth. We have had record tax receipts due to the lowering of taxes. Yes, we have a deficiet, but what the hell can you expect after what we've been through? I feel pretty damn good that we are where we are right now. I don't think it's that bad. I'm all for government spending money on our military. What they need to do is bow out of education, welfare, earmarks and all that other bs. Hammer down!!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Slingblade,

"Talk about screwed up facts. george boy created the deficit all on his own and the dem have had a slight edge in congress for only 2 years..... but I wouldn't expect anything less from you TK. Hey SH I wonder why nothing has gotten done.... something to do with VETO power"

Look at the line item Federal budget and the mandatory increases in entitlemnt spending and get back to me. Do you know how to read a budget?

·
Banned
481 Posts
Under Bush we have had 26 quarters of positive growth.

How was this accomplished, by dropping interest rates to the lowest point I have ever seen in my life time and starting a conflict in iraq to insure government spending (the rich get richer and the poor get poorer). Outcome.... huge deficit, dollar weak, huge military spending, loss of life to young men and women (who knows how many are comming back with mental problems let alone the number that are missing parts of their body), no focus on domestic issues, degrading the clean water act and my favorite....local fisheries not getting the attention to really have them survive the long haul. Taking one step forward and several steps backwards is not an improvement in my book. As for my prospective of things... what I said above is part of the reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts