Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to head out to the sauk on wed and thur just looking to see if any of you have been hiting it lately. I have been out of the local fishing scene for about 5 weeks so just trying to see what the fishing has been like this year for the nates on the system. Havent heard much about it yet. ( I know its still early )
Omar

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I hit the upper, upper sauk last weekend. It's a litle low for my liking in that stretch of water. Nice size dollies though. Awesome river to fish regardless if you hook one in my opinion. Tup:

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i agree with you about how beautifull that river is. I wanted to take one of my girl friends fishing. She has been to rieter but i think she deserves a little more scenic fishing trip this time.
Omar

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
one of your girlfriends? holy crap omar, how many do you have :lol: Tup:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Big O said:
Ya i agree with you about how beautifull that river is. I wanted to take one of my girl friends fishing. She has been to rieter but i think she deserves a little more scenic fishing trip this time.
Omar
Nice man, I can't even handle one girlfriend. The upper sauk is gorgeous, but where we fished there was 2.5 ft. of snow. Makes walking the bank a little tough. There was around 3.5ft. of visability when I fished it. But that's about as clear as I ever see it and all that is needed. Tup:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I might be up there swinging flies on Wednesday. Look for guy with bug rod and big brown lab (Bogie) patrolling the bank behind me.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cmessling07 said:
one of your girlfriends? holy crap omar, how many do you have :lol: Tup:
Hey man your only young once so you gotta make the best of it wink:

·
Banned
132 Posts
I have heard that the launch at the Mill is closed to build a new bridge, anyone know if there is still access to launch a drift boat up there? Now that the season on the Sky is closing I am eager to get to the Sauk & Skagit in March. The Sky put out a lot of big fish for us in February and I am expecting the same and bigger up there soon.

·
Banned
217 Posts
I was at the Mill this weekend, there is a bunch of fencing blocking off most access to launch a boat around the bridge. Hope someone comes up with a way.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I went up SR530 just past Darrington yesterday to tow a Sheriffs broken down patrol car from his home, his backyard is the Sauk, nice little gravel bar to fish of off and he told me I could come fish off his place anytime, yeehaw. Tup: never fished the Sauk, whats happening up there at this time? The location is around milepost 52, are they up that far yet? whats good for there, jigs under a float, eggs? whut up?

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i8skeerd said:
I went up SR530 just past Darrington yesterday to tow a Sheriffs broken down patrol car from his home, his backyard is the Sauk, nice little gravel bar to fish of off and he told me I could come fish off his place anytime, yeehaw. Tup: never fished the Sauk, whats happening up there at this time? The location is around milepost 52, are they up that far yet? whats good for there, jigs under a float, eggs? whut up?
I dont know exactly where milepost 52 is but i know that there are some nice native steelies this time of year in there. As for technics there is all types of water to fish. I maily toss spoons out when Im around there though.
Omar

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Wild steelhead are the attraction at the Sauk in the Spring. This year it closes April 1. Selective rules - C&R, no barbs, no bait or scents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts