Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, we hit the river at 7 a.m. and fished from the forks to the mouth. turned over every rock, stump, tree and root ball in between and only came up with 2 hatchery steelies. were about 10lbs each and nice and bright, but we fished until 4 in the afternoon for them. in a word it was sloooooooow. every other boat we talked to came up with a goose egg. wheres the fish? btw, thanks for the replies on the "heater that wont blow out" thread. got one from 3 rivers and i`m here too tell ya thats the best $130.00 bucks i ever spent Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Sounds like you did good with 2 Steelies for the day Tup:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
eggster said:
thanks for the replies on the "heater that wont blow out" thread. got one from 3 rivers and i`m here too tell ya thats the best $130.00 bucks i ever spent Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup: Tup:
Must have picked up a coleman Tup:

·
Registered
794 Posts
What do you mean "wheres the fish?" Steelhead fishing certainly is not a numbers game. 2 fish out of the Satsop is a good day. Tup:

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
streamer said:
What do you mean "wheres the fish?" Steelhead fishing certainly is not a numbers game. 2 fish out of the Satsop is a good day. Tup:
I think eggster was referring to the overall production of the river. 2 fish out of 8-10 boats IS slow, by any measure on any river that holds hatchery fish. I'd be curious too as to when and where they are.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
streamer said:
dont get me wrong, 2 isnt bad but consider 3 poles in the water for 8 hours=24 hours of fishing time minus time for lunch and re-ties youre looking at about 22 hours total of hard fishing. still beats work any day but this time of the year it should be a lot better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts