Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the launch at around 7, fished until 10 before we had any action. missed 2 and then my brother in-law John hooked into a HAWG which spooled him. He had put new line on his reel the night before the trip, I swear it was 15lb test. looked like "charter boat special" line to me and i am guessing he had no more than 40yds on his reel. After brow-beating him we came back through the same spot and hooked another nice one that liked the look of some submerged trees better than my boat. After that flurry of action we went below the bridges and tried it, but didn't get anything but stuck on the river bed down there. After a few minutes of square dancing in the boat we were on our way again. From the sounds of it we had a decent day compared to all the other reports I heard of for Sunday.

Speaking of getting stuck...........John and his buddy Rick decided to launch Ricks sled (Ricks sled is a 20ft inboard) at black creek on Saturday. Up the river they go and they come to a narrow tight spot with a downed tree in the middle of the river. After contemplating which way to go they hit the throttle and head left of the tree. Right at that time out pops a drift boat from the other side. Needless to say they come off plane in about a quarter inch of water and they're stuck real good. The guys in the drift boat got a kick out of it though. After about 2 hours of pulling, digging and cussing and some help from some good sams on the river they make there way back down to black creek launch......... a little wiser. I guess there were pictures taking by the guys who helped them get unstuck. Sure would like to see those. Tup:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Olybirds said:
an I/O jet on the Nooch at 1200 cfs...... :eek: :shock: :shock: :eek:

..... :roll:

glad no one got hurt...
everyone came away without a scratch, but more the wiser. they had just gotten on plane when everything went down hill.

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
I've never done anything stupid! LOL clown:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chrome/22 said:
Alot of traffic......

c/22
quite a few boats but we stayed in the center section and it wasnt too bad. got stuck floating down below the bridges. i guess i shouldve stayed to the left heading down river. looked like the channel was to the right.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I know exactly where your talkin. I've been high and dry right before there before. :lol: Nice report.

If you run a sled one time or another your gonna hit, wreck, bump, slam, flip, crash, get stuck, run into, run over, jump, crack, whack, break, bend and or bow something sometime somehow take it from me I'm an expert all of the above mentioned. clown:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I saw the stuck sled. We were the last DB to drift by as Rick and John, and about 3 other guys were spinning the boat on the gravel. We asked if they needed help and they said they almost had it. They had it unstuck in about 3 minutes after we floated by and another small sled showed up. It was sure high and dry! Did they have any damage on it? They floated down past us with the kicker, since the intake had some rocks in it. I've always wondered how I'd get my sled through there.....

Oh, and it was slow for us that day too, the big goose egg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts