Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, for upcoming Springer season above Bonneville, ie Drano Lake and Wind River specifically, the daily limit last year was 2 springer or steelhead on Drano Lake and 1 springer or steelhead for the Wind River. So, does this mean a person in theory could fish drano lake, get his/her 2 springers and then head up the Wind River on their way home a get a springer there too?? Or is it once you have your limit from Drano Lake, you are done fishing for the day?? I was wondered about this this winter when getting limits on the cascade then driving down along the skagit. Is double dipping legal, or do they cut you off after 1 limit for the day? I think i'm explaining myself correctly.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
mitch184 said:
Okay, for upcoming Springer season above Bonneville, ie Drano Lake and Wind River specifically, the daily limit last year was 2 springer or steelhead on Drano Lake and 1 springer or steelhead for the Wind River. So, does this mean a person in theory could fish drano lake, get his/her 2 springers and then head up the Wind River on their way home a get a springer there too?? Or is it once you have your limit from Drano Lake, you are done fishing for the day?? I was wondered about this this winter when getting limits on the cascade then driving down along the skagit. Is double dipping legal, or do they cut you off after 1 limit for the day? I think i'm explaining myself correctly.
You can only keep state limit of 2 I believe.

Does not matter as we will have so many springer on our way back we will be overloaded on the road wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
mitch184 said:
From page 27: You May Not Continue to fi sh for SALMON after the adult
portion of the daily limit has been retained.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
once you have retained your daily limit, in WA state, you are done fishing for that species for that day...anywhere in WA state.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The limit is one below Bonneville and two above. So I'm just wondering about catching one below and then driving up and cathing one more at Drano for a total of two. Legal or not legal?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting question-Never thought much about it (always just assumed you could go & fish in an area with a greater bag limit as long as you made port-direct-from fishing in that 'greater-bag-limit' area you were OK.)

Just above the clause you reference the regs state you can not

"Fish for, or harvest fish or shellfish in an area with catch in your possession that does not meet the rules of that area......"

which, would seem to me to imply that you could catch your 1 in an area where 1's the limit & then move to an area where 2's the limit & continue fishing (just aren't supposed to go back & fish some more in the first area-as you're tagged out there.)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well, guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! It would be nice to limit out on Drano during the morning/afternoon and then go fish the Wind River canyon in the evening and C&R some more springers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts