Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went down to replace a slug of stuff $6000 worth, that was stolen outta the boat over the 4th of July weekend.

Upon entering, I asked for Paul, (Marander) who I have dealt with for going on 10-15 years, and who I always deal with for larger purchases, $5000 in the pocket today. I was told he was no longer with Outdoor Emporium, and hadn't been for about 3 weeks. I got the distinct impression that it was not a resignation.

Paul has been my contact at outdoor for I don't know how long now, before they had a gun department, when they were still a tiny store with the knife counter in the middle. That long ago, I had a poor customer service experience in there. And if not for Paul, and his great attitude and customer service I would never have returned. I am a pretty frequent customer, 30K+ in the last 3 or for years. And the reason for that is Paul.

Well I wish Paul luck, in his endeavors. On the plus side for the first time since 2005 I walked outta the store with the same $5000 I walked in with.

This has really bummed me out, and unfortunately it will effect where I shop.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I thought he was one of the owners? I met Paul years ago when my son worked there and he always treated me right. Sorry to see him go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why whenever I had to drop large moola in O.E. I always went to Paul. Paul could work with anyone.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was shocked as well when I went in to see him a couple of weeks ago...I called him and he is doing well and will have an opportunity to fish with us hard this summer..he'll be taking over somewhere soon and we can all shift gears to him...he has been a great friend and fishing "mentor" to me over the years...

·
Registered
688 Posts
An old adage is that the only constant is change. It will occur.

Remember when Tom Pollock left Auburn Sports? Where did he end up? Sportco in Fife. Herzog later left Sportco.

Stuff happens for reason(s) never made public and it does affect customers who are used to seeing and "consulting" with specific individuals.

But is that change in personnel a reason to abandon an organization that has supported us sports folks?

I hope not.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm one of the few who disliked Paul. But that being said, its personal and in no way said to take away from the man himself. He was always good with customers, and ran a decent ship.
Now that he's gone maybe there will be better more knowledgeable employees.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just can't believe you went there with ONLY $5,000. I usually go with $10,000 to $12,000 AT LEAST! that's how i roll.. :geek: clap: Tup: :mrgreen: :cool:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Taking into account the overall quality of their current sales team, I would say he is better off.. just sayin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I went down to replace a slug of stuff $6000 worth, that was stolen outta the boat over the 4th of July weekend.

Upon entering, I asked for Paul, (Marander) who I have dealt with for going on 10-15 years, and who I always deal with for larger purchases, $5000 in the pocket today. I was told he was no longer with Outdoor Emporium, and hadn't been for about 3 weeks. I got the distinct impression that it was not a resignation.

Paul has been my contact at outdoor for I don't know how long now, before they had a gun department, when they were still a tiny store with the knife counter in the middle. That long ago, I had a poor customer service experience in there. And if not for Paul, and his great attitude and customer service I would never have returned. I am a pretty frequent customer, 30K+ in the last 3 or for years. And the reason for that is Paul.

Well I wish Paul luck, in his endeavors. On the plus side for the first time since 2005 I walked outta the store with the same $5000 I walked in with.

This has really bummed me out, and unfortunately it will effect where I shop.
Unfortunately Paul pass away from a self inflicted gun shot to the head early in 2020.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts