Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limbaugh Weighs In
By Howard Kurtz
Rush Limbaugh denounced John McCain today over a letter written on his behalf by Bob Dole, accusing McCain's presidential campaign of "a dirty little trick."

"Senator McCain, I think what you are doing here is disgraceful," Limbaugh said shortly after noon on his nationally syndicated radio show.

In a letter to the talk show host yesterday, released by the McCain camp, Dole wrote that "I know that you have serious reservations about Senator McCain. McCain is a friend and I proudly wore his P.O.W. bracelet bearing his name while he was still a guest at the 'Hanoi Hilton.'" The former Senate majority leader and 1996 GOP presidential nominee wrote that McCain was a mainstream conservative on numerous issues and that "whoever wins the Republican nomination will need your enthusiastic support. Two terms for the Clintons are enough."

The Dole note intensified the sparring between the Arizona senator and his chief rival. Mitt Romney said this morning on "Fox and Friends": "It's probably the last person I'd would have wanted write a letter for me...I think there's a lot of folks who tend to think that maybe John McCain's race is a bit like Bob Dole's race."

McCain responded on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" by accusing the former Massachusetts governor of the "disgraceful" slandering a World War II hero and demanding that he apologize to Dole.

On the radio show, Limbaugh accused McCain of "manipulating" Dole...Senator McCain is resorting to the same kind of politics as Hillary Clinton." Criticizing a Politico.com headline that "Dole Scolds Limbaugh," the conservative commentator noted the friendly tone of the letter and said:

"This shows how willing the media are to be manipulated by Senator McCain."

Limbaugh accused the McCain campaign of leaking a private letter. But Dole made clear, in an appearance on "Hannity & Colmes" last night, that he expected the note to Limbaugh to be made public

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Old news. It is no secret that Rush doesn't support McCain. However, Rush is not the voice of the Republican party, at least he doesn't speak for me. From a purely business stand point, Rush would benefit greatly if Hillary or Obama were president along with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi on the other two corners. That would be unlimited daily material for Rush and Ann Coulter, etc.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Hey Whambo,

That was three weeks ago.

Here is something more current... Just to bring you back to the future.

JACK DOUGLAS Jr. Star-Telegram Staff Writer said:
DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.
Yeah! Right! :roll: Do you think they are trying to get rid of your guy? :p

·
Banned
217 Posts
Is Rush really the voice of anyone, not even my Republican friends listen to Rush. They think Rush is as whacked as Mike Moore.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Old news. It is no secret that Rush doesn't support McCain. However, Rush is not the voice of the Republican party, at least he doesn't speak for me. From a purely business stand point, Rush would benefit greatly if Hillary or Obama were president along with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi on the other two corners. That would be unlimited daily material for Rush and Ann Coulter, etc.
He doesn't speak for most people. You have a good point too. If Rush isn't saying something controversial on a regular basis, he loses his audience. I have no idea how soon America will figure out this game with pundits getting rich, but I hope it's soon. They do a disservice to us all.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Anyone who thinks Rush, Hannity, Medved, Moore, Frankin, Gerofolo and the like (Did I spell those correct) don't influence people aren't quite paying attention.

Good bad or indifferent they are there to stay. There is a huge audience of millions on both sides of the isle that listen to these folks and whether you/anyone believes them or think they're substantive or relevant isn't the question or the concern. The question should be. Do they represent your opinion? If so then listed to them and enjoy their shows. If they don't represent your opinions, don't listen. The concern should be. There are people who feel the need to stifle free speech and take away the right of these talk show hosts to voice their opinions while earning a living. For me anyhow, it's not the host who forms my ideologies. It's my ideologies that attract me to a particular host and quite frankly, sometimes I can't listen to any of them...

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
See, I'm the opposite ff.

I listen to right-wing talk radio to kinda get a sense of why some people hold what I consider to be an extremist ideology. I listen to the guy call up Mark Levin and shower him with praise for calling liberals traitors and Stalinists. I listen to the woman from the deep south call in and pretty much advocate violence against liberals. I hear seemingly ordinary folks rant on and on about how liberals have ruined their lives and this country. Then I switch over to Air America and hear the callers there blame everything, including their case of psoriasis on George Bush and Dick Cheney!

Like you said... anybody who doesn't think talk radio and the political blogs have a profound influence just isn't paying attention.

I first realized here of all places... when I would read some anti-liberal rant that Rory posted and would recognize the talking points VERBATIM from what I had heard on the radio that morning on my way to work.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
If either of you thinks these people are about free speech, yada yada yada, I have a bridge to sell. They're deliberately contributing to the polarization we have in America to make a buck. I not only don't admire any of them, I have nothing but contempt for them. The Michael Moose's and Rush Limburger's of the world are puffed up, dysfunctional idiots who got lucky.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
That IS your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. It's all about free speech and the pursuit of happiness. No matter how much I disagree with the lefts positions whether it's Air America or Chris Mathews I will fight for their right to be who they are and voice their opinions just like you and I.

Being lucky has nothing to do with being successful. Hundreds of thousands of talk show hosts and pundits alike attempt to achieve the level of success Limbaugh has accomplished and fail miserably. Why? Because they're no good at what they do. No different that the thousands of Realtors that fail every year or the millions of athletes that never turn pro. Or the ones that do turn pro but never make it big for the same reason. They are simply not good enough. Luck has nothing to do with success. Besides, the last thing we need is a bunch of moderates in positions of power and influence :mrgreen: .

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
fishslave said:
If either of you thinks these people are about free speech, yada yada yada, I have a bridge to sell. They're deliberately contributing to the polarization we have in America to make a buck. I not only don't admire any of them, I have nothing but contempt for them. The Michael Moose's and Rush Limburger's of the world are puffed up, dysfunctional idiots who got lucky.
clap: +1

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
That IS your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. It's all about free speech and the pursuit of happiness. No matter how much I disagree with the lefts positions whether it's Air America or Chris Mathews I will fight for their right to be who they are and voice their opinions just like you and I.
Yes, but my opinion is right and yours is wrong. clown:

These personalities that you seem to worship are all about NEGATIVITY. That's not happiness dude. That's creating UNHAPPINESS. You won't find positive resolutions to problems that divide us with NEGATIVITY.

Pretty simple concept but one you apparently don't grasp very well.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
+2 clap:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
So many things to do and see and experience and so few days. Why would anyone waste their time listening to 'talk radio'?
Time is the stuff of life, don't waste it.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
fishslave said:
Yes, but my opinion is right and yours is wrong. clown:

These personalities that you seem to worship are all about NEGATIVITY. That's not happiness dude. That's creating UNHAPPINESS. You won't find positive resolutions to problems that divide us with NEGATIVITY.

Pretty simple concept but one you apparently don't grasp very well.
WTF conf: are you gonna start this bickering nit pickin bullshit again. sick:

I never said I worship them. clown:

I'll make this the last post directed to you. I refuse to get drawn into another absurd meaningless snipefest you so eagerly create. sick:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
WTF are you gonna start this bickering nit pickin bullshit again.
I posted my strong feelings about the topic because I feel these personalities are negative and weaken us as a nation. You're over-reaction to my opinion is way out of line. If you can't handle other people's opinions and have to start cussing, why are you even here participating in this forum?

Was it the fact that others agreed with me that upset you? Maybe it's because they can see what you cannot.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
YOU ALL NEED TO GO AND SOAK YOUR HEADS FOR A WHILE!!! (Sorry DBappraiser)
You have got to remember that first and for-most all of the talk show hosts are ENTERTAINERS!
While they talk about current events, and some are better than others they all skew the facts to support their point. I have heard Rush,Savage,Hannity & Colmbs, and ALL of the voices coming from the Democrat side of the media do it on a regular basis. In my opinion, and it is just that, O'Reilly and Medved do the best job of putting it out there with the least spin. That doesn't mean that their shows aren't rife with opinion, but that is their right as the host. The best thing to do is educate your self and then make your decision.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts