Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Rufus Woods lake Monday through Wednesday.slow fishing but managed to get fish everyday.on Tuesday on my first cast I caught an 11lb trout.the smallest fish went 2lbs.fished with shrimp flavored marshmallows and nightcrawlers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FISHED RUFUS ON 5/1/00 AT BRIDGEPORT STATE PARK. CAUGHT FOUR NICE SILVERS, ONE APPROX. 2 1/2 LBS. THE FISH WERE SHALLOW IN 10 FEET OF WATER. USED MAINLY WEDDING RING RED/WHITE TIPPED WITH WORM. FISHING SHOULD PICK UP LATER IN THE MONTH FOR SILVERS. I'M RETURNING THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE. I'LL LET YOU KNOW THAN.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to Rufus Woods on 9/29/00 three of us fished from 8:30 am to 4:30 p-m . Three walleye throw backs. One ten pound trout and 2 six pound trout the weather was great and had a great time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fished Rufus Saturday the 24th with a friend. Fishing was real slow. We spent most of the time trolling along the buoy line above the dam. Hooked two fish, a Kokanee and a Rainbow. Saw several other fish hooked right around the same time. The bite briefly came on around 10:30 and seemed to be gone again. Both fish were hooked on a silver hearing dodger with a brass/silver spoon tipped with worm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DERRICK AND I FISHED RUFUS FOR A COUPLE DAYS CAUGHT AND RELEASED OUR LIMIT ON BOTH DAYS SOME FOOTBALLS SOME NATIVES THE TROLLING WASNT AS GOOD AS THE STILL FISHING BUT THE WEATHER WAS GOOD MEANING THAT IT DIDNT BLOW IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fished Rufus on the weekend of the 11th of August. I anchored up in front of the pens below nespelum and limited in 20 minutes two 6 pound trout.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TODAY WAS MY FIRST TRIP TO RUFUS WOODS TRAVELED FROM VANC. 5 HOURS TO FISH FOR JUST THE DAY, WHEN WE GOT THERE 7:30 THE LAKE WAS LIKE A SHEET OF GLASS, CALM AS CAN BE, PERFECT, NOW THIS IS NOT ANY REGULAR LAKE THIS THING IS ABOUT 50 MILES LONG SO I DID SOME HOMEWORK AND GOT SOME GOOD HINTS ON WHERE TO GO, IT PAYED OFF NO ONE WANTED TO SAY JUST WHERE TO GO BUT I FOUND MY NEW HOLE, PROBOBLY BEST DAY OF TROUT FISHIN EVER, FEW LITTLE GUYS IN BETWEEN 7:30 AND 10:00 AND JUST LIKE I HEARD LAKE COMES ALIVE AROUND 10:30, WITHIN ONE HOUR WE LANDED FIRST A 3 POUND RAINBOW, THEN A 13 POUND 29 INCHER,(YUP THEY ARE QUOTE "STILL IN THERE") AND FINNALY A 6 POUND TROUT THAT MADE MY DAY, AT ABOUT NOON, RUSHED FOR TIME BUT SURELY WOULD HAVE SAT ON THIS LAKE FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT AND BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH WHAT I SAW IN A FEW HOURS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR INFO GUYS YOUR AWESOME.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking for photo and/or information on how I can contact Norm Butler who, recently on November 11, 2002, landed a new Washington state record trout at Ruffus Woods, a 29.60 pounder. I would like to get in contact with him as I am working on an article for the February issue of our paper The Local Fisherman News Thanks, Rick Martin [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FISHED RUFUS, CAUGHT 9LB, 4LB & 2-2LBERS, HAD ONE GET ON MY LINE AND TOOK ME UP AND DOWN THE RIVER, FELT GOOD, HAD A STRONG PULL, BUT AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, IT GOT OFF THE HOOK. ALLISON CAUGHT ONE, SHE SAID SHE DID'NT KNOW HOW MUCH IT WEIGHED BUT SHE NOTICED THE RIVER LEVEL DROPPED 2 INCHES WHEN SHE LANDED HER FISH. THERE IS AN OLD CAR IN THE RIVER THERE AND I LET ONE GET IN THERE, BEFORE I COULD GET HIM OUT HE ROLLED UP THE WINDOW SO I LOST HIM.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fished Rufus two days in a row, alot of nice fish, biggest a little over five, I like to flyfish, those fish can really be alot of fun on a six weight, the native fish seem to be a little stronger than the trips. Does anybody else ever float tube Rufus?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I FISH ABOUT 1000 FEET FROM DAMN CAUGHT OVER 20 FISH LARGE TRIPLOIDS USED QUICKFIISH (SMALL). BUT NO BOATS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FISHED THE PENS ON SATURDAY ..... NOTHIN!!!
THEN WENT TO OUR NOT SO SECRET SPOT AND GOT ONE
COUNTED 47 POLES IN THE WATER ON SAT. AT THE PENS TOOO CROWDED FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!
SUNDAY STILL NOTHING
WENT TO THE DAMN AT BRIDGEPORT AND STILL NOTHIN
TOO DAMN COLD AND SNOWING
MAYBE NEXT TIME

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Worked over in Omak and fished Rufus Woods for about 4 days, and had mixed results. 1st day about 2 hrs. and nothing, then the other 3 we had some limits and more released. Power bait and 30 in. leader at the pens. Couple of them in the 6-8lb. range!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hit Rufus Woods this morning from 10:00 until 3:00 this afternoon with my daughter. Water temp was 35 degrees. Launched and went strait to the lower pens. Trolled the pens with everything I had in my tackle box and got skunked until I loaded up our rods with my Flies. From 2:00 until about 3:00 we couldn't keep them off our lines. Caught & Released 10 healthy trips in the two to three pound range in about an hour. We didn’t catch any of the newly tagged and released trips that the tribe put in the lake last week. When we started out this morning the water was like glass and on the way back to the launch this afternoon Mother Nature decided to cut loose with the wind. We traveled the 20 miles back to the launch over two foot rollers & white caps. All in all a very good day.

Edited by Easy Limits on 3/31/2009.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
((19 March 09 Rufus Woods...The memory maker)) Today was awesome. It was the last full day I had to spend with my daughter until she returns from Afghanistan and we made the most out of it. We were on the water at 7:30 this morning heading from Bridgeport up to the pens. The air temp was 44 degrees and the water temp was 35 degrees with a low overcast sky and light rain. We bypassed the first set of pens because we wanted to explore a little more river. We made it to the second set of pens at about 8:45. Just like last Tuesday we threw everything in the tackle box at them and didn’t so much as get a nibble. After fishing for about three hours I thought I should try to put the kid on some fish. I rigged our rods with my now proven Fly and it was Katie bar the doors. We had doubles more times than I could count. All the fish were running two to three pounds. We hooked “A LOT” of fish today, nothing really large until the trip back to Bridgeport. The sun was shining and the water looked like glass at the first set of pens so I asked my daughter if we should slow down for a couple more casts and I’m sure glad we did. On my daughters first cast she hooked into something that made her scream, Dad, Daad Daaaaad, I think I’m going to need your help!!! I mustered all of the calmness that I could and grabbed the net and waited for fifteen minutes for her to bring the fish to the side of the boat. In my excitement while handling the net and the digital camera, I dropped the camera over the side. My daughter’s fish weighed in at 12.9 lbs. so I didn't mind so much about the camera. The fish is in the brine as of 5pm tonight and I’m throwing it into the smoker early in the morning so she’ll have it for her trip overseas. None of the fish we brought to the boat today were ever removed from the water; they were released healthy, strong and without injury from our Flies with the exception of one and that as they say is another story. Today was the best day I’ve ever had on the water in over forty years of fishing.

Edited by Easy Limits on 3/31/2009.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fished all day Saturday at the net pens.Very slow out of 35 rods only two fish caught weather was very nice. Drove back to coulee city and caught lots of small perch. Kept enough for a decent fish fry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fished from the bank last weekend, caught 1 decent trout- there were 2 of us, we missed a couple nibbles, so if we would have been paying full attention we may have had some more fish for the smoker- the Pink flesh in these trout is totally worth the drive

1 - 19 of 19 Posts