Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boys and I fished Rufus for the first time this weekend. First let me say thank you to all of you that provided some guideance on how to best fish it.

We put in at Chief Joseph at 9:00 AM on Saturday. The weather was beautiful. Crisp and cold in the morning, then warming up to about 50 during Saturday afternoon. We trolled the lower lake for approximately 2 hours, dragging Rooster Tails and Black Beaded Wolly Worms. Got on solid strike, but nothing hooked. We then jetted up to what I believe people call the "Pump House". There were several bank fishermen and a couple boats anchored. For this we broke out the Black Jigs and went to work. Were only there for around 10 minutes when we got the first fish boated. It was a nice 6 pounder. Fished for about 20 minutes more and boated a nice 5 pounder. There were several people on the bank that seemed to be catching them using PowerBait and a bubble as well. After the first two, we fished the remainder of the day hooking two small fish only.

Sunday morning we hit the water at about the same time and jetted up to the Pump House (I think - this place seems to be approximately 1/2 way up the lake). Fished for one hour, marking a lot of fish, but only boating one 8 pounder. The remainder of the day we just explored the lake with this being our first trip. We jetted all the way to the pens (both the lower and upper) and a little way above.

What a great place. I simply cannot believe the size of the fish!!!! Everyone was saying that the bite was off, but I saw at least two boats with stringers full of fish. I know that one of the boats was fishing marshmallows and Powerbait rigged via a slip sinker heavy enough to hold it in the current. I will definately go back and will be trying this set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Glad you had a good time with the boys and caught a few fish. I wanna try from the C. Joseph side of Rufus one of these days, then I could fish at Chelan also, would make a good combo trip.

·
Registered
535 Posts
you sure came over here on a nice weekend! Some nice fish and some decently warm weather for this side of the mountains! cant ask for much more! Congrats on the fine weekend of fishin!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Those are some nice looking fish you have there and you got over to Rufus in time. Rufus Woods is a great winter fishery but it slows way down in the warmer weather of late spring, summer and early fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts