1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and HunterP will be there...

Staying at coulee playland in tent...

Fishing by boat at the upper net pen's

We will come down to the lower pen's to say HI.......

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Myself, Junior and Father in Law will be staying at the motel fri - sun fishing the pens from the bank. Look for the dude with the Spiderman rod :mrgreen:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't let the BIG GUY fool you all he'll be the one in the blue North River casting into everyone on fishing the Banks :roll:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
up a creek said:
Is there a boat launch at the fishing hole or do you put in before you get there?
We put in rite out of grand coulee, Then it's about a 6 mile run down the river to the upper pens another 1.5 to the lower pen's .there is another launch alot closer but there is hardly any parking...

·
Registered
253 Posts
My wife & granddaughter and I will be there, camping at the net pens Friday - Sunday

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Myself, my fiance, and fishforfun will be there Friday night through Sunday. We are staying at the motel and will be fishing out of a Blue/Gray North River.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i will be there with 2 or 3 others in my car!

If I have a car topper that I can carry with my buddies, will I be able to put it in right at the base of the pens?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cmessling07 said:
If I have a car topper that I can carry with my buddies, will I be able to put it in right at the base of the pens?
yes u will... Tup:

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
BIG GUY said:
cmessling07 said:
yes u will... Tup:
I was told by the reservation gamies that you are not allowed to launch anything at the pens and if you are in a boat you have to stay 100 feet from the bankies, you are not allowed to beach your boat there, seen people ticketed and the locals will yell and scream at ya, saw one guy who wanted to fight a boater who pulled up and beached his boat to go up to the campsite. I would'nt try it, but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
And I'll say this again, you need a camp permit to stay at the campsite near the pens, if you park your rig down by the water over night and you are planning on sleeping, you must have a camping permit. I saw that one short heavyset indian gamie give a guy a ticket because he was sleeping in his chair at night while fishing, gamie said "if your sleeping, your camping." Normally in the winter when it's wet out they do not require a fire permit. Call 509-634-3100 to have a fire permit faxed to you. When you git yer camp permit it allows for a warming fire, so you will not need a fire permit.
Remember, at the pens it's a 2fish limit per day and a 2 day possession limit. If'n you are using bait YOU MUST KEEP WHAT YOU CATCH there are no size limits, if you use bait and catch a 1lb'r, that is counted as part of your daily limit, if you release it, it is still counted, and the gamies are sitting up on the knoll with noculars, watchin every move ya make. I aint makin this up, been there many many times, spent 8 straight days there once, seen it all happen, dang near got caught once myself, fergot about the possession limit, made a mad dash to the motel soon as the gamie left, he did'nt even notice the five coolers I had in the back of my truck. :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i8skeerd said:
Remember, at the pens it's a 2fish limit per day and a 2 day possession limit. If'n you are using bait YOU MUST KEEP WHAT YOU CATCH
It should read,fish caught with bait count towards your limit,whether you keep them or not. You don't have to keep fish caught with bait. You can catch 2 fish on bait and release them both,but then you're limited for the day.

The indian game warden will give you a ticket if you have a fire without a permit. Time of year doesn't matter. He was writing tickets last year in mid February.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hunter P said:
i8skeerd said:
Remember, at the pens it's a 2fish limit per day and a 2 day possession limit. If'n you are using bait YOU MUST KEEP WHAT YOU CATCH
It should read,fish caught with bait count towards your limit,whether you keep them or not. You don't have to keep fish caught with bait. You can catch 2 fish on bait and release them both,but then you're limited for the day.
Exactly what I was going to say. You don't HAVE to keep anything.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Antlershed said:
Hunter P said:
i8skeerd said:
Exactly what I was going to say. You don't HAVE to keep anything.
We are CnR'ing everything this weekend (after pics :mrgreen: ).

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
50/50. Still trying to work it out. Wont know till mid week.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks like the wife and my boy are going to come down on Sunday. We will be in 19' green Super Vee center console. Say hi if you see us!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts