Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fishing trip sounds great.

Why is everyone going in mid Feb? Is there a specific reason why everyone goes this time of year? Whats the BUZZ???

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
historically much bigger fish are caught during the late january to late february time period. I dont know why, but I have just gathered that from others over time. I am sure Major or Chuck can give you the scientific answer. full of complex equations of course wink:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Its true the fishing is better in the winter for more and bigger fish, I think the main reason for this is because of the amount of natural food flowing through the river in the spring and summer is so abundant :? well thats my story and im sticking to it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Man is it that tough to see?????????.... IT's A 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!! PARTY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Bigger fish are available because there is less natural food in the river. They come to eat the excess food from the pens. Its not that the fish are bigger it is that they are congregated rather than spread out and therefore the bigger fish are congregated in an area you can target.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The Frankenfish are there, and easy to cast to from the beach, trust me. 16 days and counting!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guppy trainer said:
Man is it that tough to see?????????.... IT's A 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!! PARTY!!!!!!!
3 day weekend for fishing makes sense.

I guess that means that anyone could go the following weekend and still catch just as many fish?. Or is there something about feb 14-18.

I can't believe I am actually thinking about driving out there. It's valentines day weekend, now I have to convince my girlfriend and friends girlfriends to go on a fishing trip! :lol:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Any winter weekend is fine, you'll catch fish. It's all about priorities. Three day weekend to travel, meet some great people, and catch huge trout, OR observe a manufactured "holiday" that serves no purpose other than getting men in trouble...

·
Registered
535 Posts
ya I am wondering how it will be there cause here in cheney we had college canceled monday, uesday and thursday because of snow and we have about 2 feet on the ground still with more to come this weekend.... Drive safe if you come over cause it could be pretty bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts