Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What: Rufus Woods triploids
When: February 16th and 17th 2008
What to bring: worms, bobber , jigs, fly rods whatever....
Where to stay: http://www.couleehouse.com or bring an RV and stay right on the banks of the river
UPDATE: Rob at the Coulee House motel will give anyone who says they are from Gamefishin.com 15% of the regular rate of $59 for king bed and $69 for dual queen bed room :eek:

Fish like these will be common so who will break the 10lb mark? :D

Driving Directions

Link:

Directions to Net Pens and Campground from Coulee Dam

Start address: Coulee Dam
End address: BIA-10/Columbia River Rd - Turn off into campground and net pens

Start at: Coulee Dam

1. Head east on WA-155
2. Turn left to stay on WA-155 - 13.9 mi
3. Turn left at BIA-10/Columbia River Rd - 6.5 mi (Just past the Trading post)
4. Turn left into campground and net pens

Attachments

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Me :eek: , counting on first timers luck :D

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Seems like everytime there is a trip to Rufus, I make excusses not to go. I will try to make it this time. But, my excuse may be that I will be off to Hawaii shortly after and will have tough time taking extra time off. i will have to see how things look as we get closer.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I am in the same boat Netboy. I keep finding ways to stop me from going. I really want to try Rufus. Hey DB, Great pic of that wonderful boat of yours! You should join Fiberglassics.com

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ice/Brent - This is why we PLAN these things more than a few weeks away. This way you can PLAN to be gone for this weekend with alot of good folks, having fun, watching ME catch a big fish :mrgreen:

Or...you can join us and catch yer own too :D Either way you have plenty of time to book a room, paint the fence, rake some leaves, kiss your sweety - no more excuses girls ... get busy and come along :eek:

Besides I like using these cool new avatars :geek:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yesss ive been waiting for this announcement. hopefully someone will allow me to tag along in their boat if the shore isnt producing

i cant wait! I want a 10 pounder as well :D

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I will try real hard to get there this coming February as I had a ball this last February. Here is one of the fish I caught last time. It weighed 13 pounds but I want to catch a bigger one.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Major said:
I will try real hard to get there this coming February as I had a ball this last February. Here is one of the fish I caught last time. It weighed 13 pounds but I want to catch a bigger one.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is a monster major! what pound test you play it with?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I was using 8-pound P-Line with 6-pound leader and was fishing with marshmallows and worms.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
That fish was ok but I know there are fish up to and maybe even bigger than 20 pounds in Rufus Woods so I will keep at it and see if I can find a bigger one than that 13 pounder.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
This one is from that same weekend... and was an ounce or two shy of 16 pounds:

I'm gonna make back this February too I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If those pictures from Major and Webo dont make you want to go ... take up checkers instead of fishing :mrgreen:

Nice fish gang...my goal is to join that club this trip and I aint comin home without :eek:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
SportJet said:
If those pictures from Major and Webo dont make you want to go ... take up checkers instead of fishing :mrgreen:

Nice fish gang...my goal is to join that club this trip and I aint comin home without :eek:
:eek: :eek: Then I sure hope you catch one that big if I'm riding with you :D

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RiverFishin said:
SportJet said:

Its gonna happen you CRACKER :ugeek:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
SportJet said:
RiverFishin said:
SportJet said:

Its gonna happen you CRACKER :ugeek:
And I plan to be there when it does :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
SportJet said:

I had the pleasure of netting Major's fish. This time I want him to net mine!

1 - 20 of 238 Posts