Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished yesterday and today. We caught 4 limits yesterday and didn't get a single fish in about 2 hours this morning.

Be prepared to either fish lures or not come home with a limit of "nice" fish. I think the net pen that was damaged and the fish escaped from, held little stocker sized trout. I've never seen so many small 8-10" trout as Rufus. We had to keep a couple of the small stocker sized fish that were caught with bait (its the law) and ended up switching to jigs and still kept catching the catching the little guys. It was a PITA with all those little buggers out there.

The weather was beautiful,sunny and clear. When the sun finally comes up it was probably 45 degrees. Before the sun came up this morning though it was 11,yes 11, degrees.

We did come home with 3-4 "nice" fish. A couple that were 2 1/2-3lbs and a couple that were 4+

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hunter P said:
Fished yesterday and today. We caught 4 limits yesterday and didn't get a single fish in about 2 hours this morning.

We did come home with 3-4 "nice" fish. A couple that were 2 1/2-3lbs and a couple that were 4+
Yes sir,and we had a great time... Tup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was there 2 weeks ago and never saw a fish caught that was less then 2-3 lbs. So that is really strange for you guys. Sounds like you had fun.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fishmanic said:
I was there 2 weeks ago and never saw a fish caught that was less then 2-3 lbs. So that is really strange for you guys. Sounds like you had fun.
We were there Thanksgiving weekend. We had the same experience you did. Probably our best overall trip that weekend.

I don't think I've ever seen a fish over there, smaller than 13-14" much less all the little ones around this trip.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I went yesterday for about 3 hours and we caught 8 fish one was around 5-6 pounds and one was about 7-8 the rest were little dinks, it was really cold here yesterday :shock:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I hear that the later in the winter you wait the more big fish show up at the net pens. I was told that as food becomes scarcer in the winter water of Rufus the big fish know that they can still find food falling through the nets at the net pens.

On the other hand, I have no idea what will happen now that one of the net pens collapsed spilling little fish into the river. After all, big fish eat little fish and those little fish are now scattered everywhere.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I guess we will find out won't we. :lol:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Hunter P said:

Be prepared to either fish lures or not come home with a limit of "nice" fish. I think the net pen that was damaged and the fish escaped from, held little stocker sized trout. I've never seen so many small 8-10" trout as Rufus. We had to keep a couple of the small stocker sized fish that were caught with bait (its the law) and ended up switching to jigs and still kept catching the catching the little guys. It was a PITA with all those little buggers out there.

The weather was beautiful,sunny and clear. When the sun finally comes up it was probably 45 degrees. Before the sun came up this morning though it was 11,yes 11, degrees.

Tup: THE KIDS SHOULD HAVE A GREAT TIME.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts