Game Fishing Forum banner

Rufus report (pics extreme)

6K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  Major 
#1 ·
Well what can I say. This trip for me was more about getting out, having fun and if fish were caught then that would be a nice bonus. All expectations were achieved except one. Overall if you wanted to use bait, you could limit in minutes. I was there for quantity so I chose to stick with artificials ... bad choice this time. Started on Friday when we arrived to find these two crackers sitting there pretty much slacking off ...

It wasnt long though before the Billy master hooks up as well Tup:

Billy is a happy dude...

For Friday it was a day of watching the Hook catch and release as I couldnt get a fish to bite :shock: . Pretty sad but the expectations wouldnt allow failure :mrgreen: Hook and Cheez seemed to be having a good time.

The next day was to be a busy one. Some of the locals arrived to see a bunch of people from the westside and only managed to get their boots on before leaving again. Once again it was good to meet up with such good people as Major. Also great to meet his brother Fishin Musician in the background too.

Capt. Ron and the clan also showed and were putting some fish on the bank as well. Tup:

The Captain Ron happy with his limit plus one of the kids :D

Brent (Antlershed) also joined the mission and was anchored off the buoy most of the day. Nice to meet you guys as well Tup:

The net pens in all of their glory full of fishies soon to me ate :mrgreen:

After a rather dull morning for me, still with NO fish to the shore I figured it was time to bring out the super secret weapon that all fish will now fear :evil: ...

Team Spidey was deployed and challenged to rise to the occasion :oops:

While waiting for Spiderman to play superhero and save the day, DBAppraiser and Crew showed up. Nice to meet you guys too :mrgreen:

This next picture kind of goes into the WTF did I catch club. DBA's brother snags into a batch of line and go figure ... there is a fish attached. Well ... kind of sick:

Then it happened ... Team Spidey gets busy with a solid hookup Tup:

Too bad it was only 4lbs :shock: and ultimately out of the 5 fish landed that night it was the biggest for me. The quest for a 10lb'er continues. The biggest fish I personally saw this time was from the Capt. Ron crew and the fish on the bottom scaled in at just over 6lbs. Nothing big brought in and many of the fish were in the 3-4lb range. Here is a 6lb'er with a few more :eek:

I have to say that standing next to a guy who I have never met and hearing him comment on how much better the Spidey rod was out casting him was fun. He had some ancient old junker pole and was trying to cast out but couldnt get the reel to throw more than 20' max. He even offered to buy the Super Spidey from me at one point. In the end it was only fitting to just give the rights of Spidey to him for years of enjoyment :mrgreen: . I didnt realize how good this made him feel as after we left, he apperantly took the time to tell everyone on the bank how happy he was with his new fishing pole :D

In all his glory ... Team Spidey with his new owner wink:

Opted not to fish this morning as I have kids baseball in the afternoon and since the fishing was not what I would describe as "Hot" (unless you used bait) then we chose to come home and get cleaned up. Had a great time and look forward to the next one. Lots of good people, fun times and well worth the trip Tup:

Peace out ... SJ

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
looks like an awesome time was had by all. was anyone having success with bobber and jigs at all?? i got free time next weekend and am goin over there since i didnt have an opportunity to get over there this weekend. just tryin to get all the inside info since i have a little pool for biggest fish with a few of my buddies. obviously the standard powerbait and mallows worked but any other tips would be sweet. leader length, maybe jig colors etc. also when is the earliest i would be able to get the tribal licenses and which location would be great too. thanks alot. wish i could have met some of the gf crew this weekend glad everyone had fun tho.

#7 ·
i was there on saturday, thats my two buddies and I behind the pic of Major and FishinMusician

i was dealing with some personal issues this weekend so i didnt really meet with anyone. long story for another time lol. The scenery was awesome and my buddy also got one in the 6 lb range. It was a fun time and good to see some faces

Chuck: I was wearing the boston celtic sweatshirt, i walked past you and said hello. saw the spidey get busted out as well!!!

#14 ·
BIG GUY said:
RiverFishin said:
Nice report and pics Chuck, too bad that 10lber's was not to be had, wish I could have gone...
We never made it down to say Hi, but are biggest fish boated was 11 pounds caught trolling a hot lip's.
I ran the numbers (25 1/2" L x 19 1/2" G) on 3 different calculators and came back with 10.77,12,and 12.5lbs.

The scale reading 11 is pretty much right in the middle.

#17 ·
Way to go everybody!!! Looks like fun I wish I could have been there ... had a few peoploe in the store re-spoolong for this event !!! :cool:

#19 ·
Great report and pictures.

Glad you did not give away one of those whips. They are only useful if the depth is 4 ft at the bankside or if you use them in a boat.

No wonder you had to cast so far with that ugly bunch sat on the bankside. :lol:

Pity you did not get the big one but there is always next year.

#22 ·
icatchum said:
Nice pics guys!! clap: Don't see any pics of Crazy Avis conf: did she go this year??
Avis was there but I never saw her fishing while I was there. She must have limited before we got there.

I have never before seen so many lines get tangled up. I will never understand how fishin musician and SportJet managed to tangle their lines so often when I was fishing right between them and they never tangled with me once, go figure. It was fun seeing you again Chuck.

Later on in the day we went down the beach and sat with Dr. Hook for awhile so SportJet could fish without getting his line snagged so much. Fishin musician liked it down there by Hook because people kept giving him beers. And speaking of giving things away, thank you Chuck for sharing some of that nice warm lunch you cooked on the tailgate of your truck.

I don't know how the fishing was on Sunday as I didn't go back up there but maybe Dr. Hook will let us know how it was when he gets home.

I had a very good time and got to meet several people I had never seen before like Up the Creek, Captain Ron and his crew, I8Skeerd, DBAppraiser and his crew, and it was nice seeing Cheez and Hook again.

There were several others that I met there too but their names escape me at the moment, sorry guys. That’s the problem with getting older. But I will always remember what a fun day it was and before the day was over there were two limits in the back of my truck even if none of the fish were real big.

#26 ·
"Fishin musician liked it down there by Hook because people kept giving him beers"

Hey! Give me a break Major! While that is certainly true, I think the fish were bigger on that end of the beach also. Just ask Tinhack, he had a couple of nice ones.

While I'm at it, thanks Tinhack and DB Appraiser, for sharing the bounty of your cooler. I'll get the next round!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.