Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We Missed out on the trip last weeked due to Stealhead trip already planed ( got 1 nat hen about 8-9 lbs )
anyway we are going over this weekend to try rufus , I would love your input

1 Boat or Bank ?

2 if i use ruber worms , is that bait ?

3 what was your best artificial ?

4 best bait ?

any other advise would be graet I am taking my son and realy want him to catch fish this trip .

thank you all for advice
dave :lol:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
dapackwood said:
2 if i use ruber worms , is that bait ?

any lure enhanced with scent and/or flavor is considered bait. so, all of those salted bass worms and flavored Berkley Power worms are all bait. Unsalted/unscented/unflavored "rubber worms" are not bait

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you really want to catch fish use bait. White marshmallows and worms slay them.

JIgs and spinners usually work real well,but seemed kinda slow last trip.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The problem with using bait, sometimes the fishing day is over too soon. Dr. Hook had a deal last weekend with a float and jig that worked really well. A slider float with a stopper 15 -20 feet, black maribou jig, and give the jig a wiggle once in awhile. Sorry Hook if giving up your secrets. Even I caught a few doing this. But if the fish are finicky, sometimes you might get a fish every 5 minutes, sometimes every 3 hours. Even last weekend on Saturday, the bait guys were having trouble. Bring a variety, worms and mallows, powerbait, jigs. Good luck -you'll catch fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts