Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YellowFever, myself, and possibly another accomplice of ours will be heading to Rufus on this weekend. I dont know if any other game fishers plan on hitting it, but i am really looking forward to it as i have never been. Perhaps we can meet up with another fellow game fisher who could show us the ropes. Or just give us someone to bs with. Id like to start with jig'n em like i have seen other people post about. That looks like a blast. If that doesnt work ill prolly switch to something a lil dif. Does anyone know if maybe worms and a few easy eggs would work?

We will not be camped real near by, we will have a jaunt in the morning, as we are setting up base camp at my grandma's on lake Rosevelt. But atleast it will be 70 inside when we are sleeping :p Hope to meet one of you out there.

Rian[b]

Do we need to get a tribal fishing liscence, or will just the regular one do??

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Re: Rufus, jan, 26, 27

The fish aren't picky. The only thing on their mind is eating.If you want a quick limit and possibly have to keep a couple small fish,fish bait. Worms or EZ-eggs will work.

If you want to C&R until you get big fish,use lures.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks hunter, Does anyone know if regular fishing liscences work, or if a tribal one is needed

·
Registered
3,125 Posts

HickvilleFF said:
thanks hunter, Does anyone know if regular fishing liscences work, or if a tribal one is needed
I am sure you need both to fish Rufus Woods. The regular license to fish the Columbia River waters and the tribal one to be on their land.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
http://www.colvilletribes.com/searchdb.php

Here is a phone number list if you don't get an answer from someone on the site. I'd try the fish and wildlife number.

http://www.colvilletribes.com/etiquette.htm

"You do not need a state license to hunt or fish, but you must buy tribal permits for those sports and others such as camping. Check in advance with tribal fish and game departments, tourism offices or police to see what activities are allowed and which one require permits."

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Last year at the Gamefishin get together I was checked for the tribal cops for their permit. That’s all the tribe cares about. But then the next time I was there a state game warden was there and I was checked for my regular license but not the tribal permit. So like I said, you need both.

If you are fishing one of the other lakes that is on tribal land then all you need is their permit but the Columbia River is not tribal water so you still need you regular license. Now if you are fishing in a boat and not the tribal shore I have heard that you don’t need their permit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
now the question is where... is there anywhere in coulee dam we can pick one up or do we need to get one on the res?

·
Registered
946 Posts
YellowFever said:
now the question is where... is there anywhere in coulee dam we can pick one up or do we need to get one on the res?
just swing into coulee playground when u get into town and they can set u up with everything u need ...license,bait,jig's,etc......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts