Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to attend the Rufus Tilla this weekend and I had a great time. I went over on Saturday AM with my brother and my Dad. We got to Grand Coulee around 10-10:30am Sat morning and had something to eat. Then we headed out in search of the Gamefishin crew. I had a little trouble finding the exact spot so we fished at a spot between the net pens where all the Gamefishers were and the other set up river. I managed to get a nice fish there and after awhile the gamies showed up and one of them told me where everyone else would be so we moved down stream and found Sportjet, Dr Hook, I8skerd, Major, Cheez and a few others. It was great to meet everyone and put some faces with the screen names. Overall fishing was slow but through hard work and a little fish charity we managed to limit out Sat and Sunday.

Dr Hook, the pass report for Monday over I90 was for bare and wet. You were gone by the time we got there this morning at 10am. Thanks for the bobber/jig lesson and the fish, even the one I accidentally released. I tried the jig/bobber today but couldn't hook up with it. I just don't have the magic touch.

My Dad landed what I think was the largest fish off the bank Sat. evening and here is a pic of it. We didn't have a scale but it had to be 10 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was Sunday evening about 4:30 or 5pm on power bait and marshmellows since we forgot the worms at the hotel. Then ten minutes later he hooks another that was 4-5 lbs. I went 0 fer Sunday. Even lost a fish that Dr Hook gave me, it escaped back into the water while I was trying to get my stringer untangled. conf:

You missed the grumpy old guy that almost got tossed in the water Sunday morning Chuck.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Looks alot like the 11Lb fish I got Saturday. Tup:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow! that's probably the biggest I saw all weekend. Was nice to meet all of you also and I look forward to another outing.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Good to meet you guys and glad your Dad got into some big fish. Looks like the weather got warmer as well.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice! I think that's bigger than anything I saw on Saturday. I'm glad you're crew found one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Next year will be the year to hit it hard. With this many cookie cutter 4 to 5 pounders and since they grow about app 5 pounds a year in there, there should be an abundance of BIG fish to be had!!! Tup: ELK

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Man you were fishing in Lunker Lane Tup: , great job clap:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are probably right Elk, although there is a lot of fishing pressure over there right now and it will only increase when the new public use areas go in. One will be where all the Gamefishers already meet. That area is scheduled to get improved camping amenities and a boat ramp with dock. There will also be 2-3 other areas that will get these types of improvements too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts