Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All was fine until the wind came up after 9 AM. We were using coyote spoons that were getting some action when the left DR wire got jammed in the spool. It looked to be a major fix back at the house. Then the flasher & spoon on the other DR snagged something on the bottom. We fought the wind trying to get it loose but just broke it off and called it a day.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Were you using braided DR line? I had that happen to me several times. We got good at removing the spool and putting it back, on the water.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
timboy2 said:
Were you using braided DR line? I had that happen to me several times. We got good at removing the spool and putting it back, on the water.
I'm using the OEM wire that came with it in September. This is my 2nd set of Downriggers as the first 2 were stolen. I previously used wire on the first set, then switched to PowerPro Braid once the wire started to fray. I never experienced the problems with the braid like I do with the wire but am going to get my money's worth out of the wire, just have to inspect it more often. Really can't complain about the wire as I've caught a lot of salmon in the past 4 months.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
The wind is the worst! I'll take sleet, hail rain snow or whatever but I call it a day when the wind kicks up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We were out there with you at Manchester. We found a good amount of bait, but a severe lack of salmon. We cruised around the whole area there and only managed one decent fish that threw the hooks back at us next to the boat! The wind really did make trolling much harder, but other than that it was really nice to get out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts