Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Lake Roesiger on Sunday 5/30 from 6:30 - 10:30 am. My target was initially large mouth, but it was too breezy to adequately control my boat, so ended up trolling for rainbows. I hooked about 15-20 using a wedding ring (no pop gear). They were mostly 10-inchers, but one was close to a pound. All were caught in the northeast portion of the lower lake about 10-15' down, trolling as slowly as possible. Just thought I'd share this because my past experience has been that the trout fishing is usually very slow by Memorial Day, but this year it's lasted a bit longer. TIP: In the past I've had trouble getting a good hook set with a Wedding Ring. I improved this by rigging them w/ a size 2 Gami tied w/ an egg loop and adding a bit of yarn to the knot.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fished off dock with my old man for a few minutes, dad caught a couple little ones. Then I landed a 19 1/2" rainbow, wich was very tasty, also got a 17 incher. A good few hours of fishin......... thanky you god........

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out troling with standard pop gear and worm, trolled for 2 hours, could not keep them off the line :) took home 2 19+ incher trout. Enjoy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to Lake Roesiger Friday morning, one other boat. It was just a little foggy at first but claered up quick,we trolled down toward the county park, lots of action. Mostly foot longs on wedding rings w/a pinch of power bait, no lead they were all on top. We did get (2) using the same set up that were about 19" inches, out by the floating dock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts