Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I went to Kapowsin last week and caught a couple of crappie and one little rock bass. From the looks of the critter it's got to be tasty. Which leads me to a few questions.

Are they truly good to eat?

How do you catch/target them?

Should I just fish for crappie/bluegill and hope to catch them incidentally?

Any information would be appreciated. I'm not a good enough fisherman to dent the fishery, but do like a good panfish dinner now and then.

Thanx,

randy

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
put a piece of a worm on a hook and put a split shot 2 feet above your hook and slowly drag in on the bottom you will be more then happy with all the ish you catch

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the help guys. Appreciate it.

How big do they get? The one I got was only about 4" long.

randy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the help guys. Appreciate it.

How big do they get? The one I got was only about 4" long.

randy

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
They dont get all that big 1 - 1 1/2 lbs is a big one. Yeah there not bad eating either. I think I'm gonna head out there tommorow late morning and into the afternoon.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
ill be heading to my friends dock on spanawya lake tomarrow ill hook them in the hundreds Tup:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rock bass are good eating. The biggest I've personally caught was about 1 1/2 lb, and that's huge for a rock bass.

Like any smallish pan fish, the best way to prepare them is to make skinners - head off, cut in towards the spine on both sides of the dorsal and ventral fins, pull the fins out, pull the skin off ... fry in about 1" of bacon grease over an open fire ... mmmmm

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Rock bass, rock! I spent many a day on Kapowsin in my youth trying for largemouth and caught plenty of rockbass...great little fish! I love a misty morning with a 2.5" Rapala floating minnow twitched ever so slighlty....brings back memories! Tup:

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
here 2 pictures one with the fish in the sink is from when i first tryed my banjo minnows and the second picture is from today caught them with a worm and a split shot slowly dragging on the bottom

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
nvm the warmouth has stripes going down its body heres a pic of a warmouth

heres a picture of a sunfish

heres a picture of a rockbass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts