Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for river locations to jig or slip bobber with eggs from shore. I used bobber and eggs last fall on the Nisqually and had a good time. I want to get my family more involved but there not into the corkie method. Only places I know of is corkie drifting setups. I live in the Olympia area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
13,956 Posts
I would defiantly check out the Skookumchuck, it's putting out fish right now.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
i live in olympia too wink:
anyway the skookumchuck has fish but it also has crowds. it is easy to get to and the water is easy to read but for a more quality family outing i would poke around on some less heard of rivers in the area. if you want some specifics let me know. if you do hit the skunk-um-chuck i would not fish the crowds by the deadline. i would either walk through the pheasant farm or fish lower in the system. my buddy hit the pheasant site saturday and blanked, he went way down river on sunday and from 2-5pm him and his wife caught 7 on jigs. i saw a few pics and a coulpe of those fish were monsters. i am really impressed at the size of fish coming out of the "chuck" this year.

good luck and keep us posted on how you do

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I fished the Skook yesterday and caught one trout. Its very slow right now. Fished most of the top three miles of river. Its defintely a day to day river though. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
CraigO said:
Do they get any of those Monster 20lb+ Nates on the Skook? 7 fish in a day sounds like fun to me.
i don't fish that river but i seem to hear the same thing, it is either great or sucks and it changes day to day. there are some real monsters coming out of there right now. i have heard of a few over 20lbs. i heard second hand {for what that's worth} that they recycles a hen hatchery over 20lbs. could be a rumor, who knows. i have only seen 1 hen with my own eyes over 20lbs in my life, caught by dear old dad from the hoh in the early 80's.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
CraigO said:
Do they get any of those Monster 20lb+ Nates on the Skook? 7 fish in a day sounds like fun to me.
A friend and I landed a big nate just under 24 lbs back in high school. I'll look for the pic. They are definitely not common though considering it was the only one out of hundreds or more since. This year has been weird with big hatchery fish. Definitely not the norm, When the river used to get good numbers of fish back they used to average about 3 to 7 lbs with an occasional 10+. It is so much different then it used to be, but I guess that could go for anywhere.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
CraigO said:
A friend and I landed a big nate just under 24 lbs back in high school. I'll look for the pic. They are definitely not common though considering it was the only one out of hundreds or more since. This year has been weird with big hatchery fish. Definitely not the norm, When the river used to get good numbers of fish back they used to average about 3 to 7 lbs with an occasional 10+. It is so much different then it used to be, but I guess that could go for anywhere.
24lbs, thats a great fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts