Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using my old roomates computer while I lived in west seattle , since I moved I am using my own computer and have comcast which comes with Mcafee security . My problem is that I was using avgfree before I moved to west seattle and tried to remove it from my computer using the add & remove method . I get a screen that says that it failed and ( msvcp71dll ) was not found re-installing the application may fix the problem . I have no idea what they are talking about ? How would you re-install the application ? When I tried to update the avgfree program Thinking I could update the program and then remove it I could not download the program ,a error screen came up and said file opening failed and that permission was denied , it suggested that I go to free.grisoft or the avg free forum and fix the problem through them . well that didn't work couldn't find a avgfree forum or any way of contacting them , and when I went to freegrisoft there technical support sent me a e-mail trying to sell me another security program Which I don't want to do after all I would like to use the security program that came with my service . Is there anybody here that can help me with my problem . I have No security program and cannot insall any of the new security updates . PLEASE HELP !! I will reward you with some of my jigs that I make . You can e-mail me or send a pm if you like . Thanks Pat :cry: :cry:

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Was it an update you tried that failed after the reinstall suggestion? Did you try to reinstall? It may have the tools to remove and replace the program, and then try to remove it again.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Itried to intall the updated program and tried to install a new avg program and both failed ? I don't know what it means to re-install the application ? Where would you find that ? Almost anything I have tried has come up with the same things file opening failed , permission to the file denied etc. Thanks for any kind of help or advise . I don't know how I would restore it to a earlier date ? pat

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
try a system restore. go to accessories, systemtools, system restore, and scroll down so it's highlighted right before the security system was installed. (Prividing you have windows xp, or vista..if it's anything else, I don't know) I had to do this last week to get rid of McAfee default security patch to install my new Norton. Of course everything else within that timeline will be taken off too. hope it works.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
seatrout slayer said:
Running the risk of sounding stupid conf: where do I find accessories on my computer ? :oops:
Start button > Programs > Accessories

1 - 8 of 8 Posts