Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
And this:

"Likewise, Puget Sound Chinook seasons could be reduced in terms of openings and bag limits because limited monitoring ($91,000)."

That put some fuel in my broom. Grrr hissss!

·
Banned
7,960 Posts
WDFW is like the little boy who cries wolf all the time.....Let the wolf eat the sheep that's what I say, posturing is all they are doing. WDFW is so full of lame brains it's pathetic. Drive the public into and emotional upheaval is what they are really good at. The sky is always falling down at WDFW....man can you spare a dime?
Nope! IF you can't manage on 300 million we will find people who can.....................RJ out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Fudge & I just bought a new friggin license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I'd have known that I would have said to HELL with it and get some woodworking projects started!!!!

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
WDFW is like the little boy who cries wolf all the time.....Let the wolf eat the sheep that's what I say, posturing is all they are doing. WDFW is so full of lame brains it's pathetic. Drive the public into and emotional upheaval is what they are really good at. The sky is always falling down at WDFW....man can you spare a dime?
Nope! IF you can't manage on 300 million we will find people who can.....................RJ out.
Clearly in the top 10 stupidist comments ever made on Gamefishin. WDFW is not crying wolf.

The legislature is at it again and wants to further "take" from us.

RJ does every member of this board and injustice with his lies.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Clearly in the top 10 stupidist comments ever made on Gamefishin. WDFW is not crying wolf.

The legislature is at it again and wants to further "take" from us.

RJ does every member of this board and injustice with his lies.
If they (WDFW) are not crying "wolf", then why are we sport fishers facing the blunt of their cuts (97.6%) of all their proposed cuts?

Out of the 10.5 million short fall, WDFW has proposed that the sporty guys take the lions share of the hits! Do the math and you will see that the commercials boys are only going to pay about 2.4% while we are being hit with 97.6% of the cuts. RJ is right, WDFW doesn't care about us, and the attached proposed cuts more then reflect it. Commercials are being asked to be cut by $256,000 and we are being asked to make up the other 10 million plus difference?

It's not the "legislators" who tells the WDFW what they must cut, it's WDFW!:mad::eek:

Give us a break!

23_11_62.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
There has ALWAYS been a huge separation between the fees paid by the two user groups so this is nothing new. Are you claiming it is?

It was NOT and is NOT WDFW that cut WDFW's portion of the general fund which USED to cover the costs of managing commercial fisheries and paid a share towards hatchery maintenance and operation. Are you claiming it is?

WDFW has two choices if the legislature doesn't provide some of the 60% general fund money that they've CUT in the last decade. Cut hatcheries and programs or increase fees on the largest user group. Are you claiming that's wrong?

If they doubled what commies pay, it wouldn't raise anywhere near enough money. Are you saying it would?

WDFW cuts what they have to. Let me take 60% of your SS away and see what you decide to give up!

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
There has ALWAYS been a huge separation between the fees paid by the two user groups so this is nothing new. Are you claiming it is?
I AM NOT CLAIMING ANYTHING! I am telling the readers what is fact and not just opinion. Prior to 1995, the two agencies were both funded totally differently!

It was NOT and is NOT WDFW that cut WDFW's portion of the general fund which USED to cover the costs of managing commercial fisheries and paid a share towards hatchery maintenance and operation. Are you claiming it is?
It's no different then any other business! If the money isn't there, you can't spend it. All the legislators have said is; WDFW, the state isn't going to fund you for 10.5 million, so you need to cut your budget or cut something that you spend 10.5 million on.

Instead of WDFW cutting their own positions or salaries, they want to cut programs that sportsmen enjoy. I can tell you Marsha, that's it's not just me that's concerned about what they have decided to cut! You should hear what our advisory members and other sport groups think about this newest WDFW debacle.

WDFW has two choices if the legislature doesn't provide some of the 60% general fund money that they've CUT in the last decade. Cut hatcheries and programs or increase fees on the largest user group. Are you claiming that's wrong?
Sorry, but you are dead wrong! They have a third choice; which would be to cut some of their own precious self serving positions and/or salaries….. imagine that!

If they doubled what commies pay, it wouldn't raise anywhere near enough money. Are you saying it would?
No, but since they get to harvest just about half to two thirds of the fish (salmon), then they should be paying about half to two thirds of the cost to raise and management them instead of putting the lion share of the cost onto the sporty.

WDFW cuts what they have to. Let me take 60% of your SS away and see what you decide to give up!
The deference is that I have been paying into my own SS for over 50 years whereas WDFW has paid nothing into WDFW. It's been the people who have paid them, not vise versa.

Name one state or federal job that can't cut a lot of fat, and still function as they were meant to function.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Bob, you're being deliberately obtuse, AS USUAL.

First of all, these are no longer separate agencies. Ancient and irrelevant history now.

WDFW knows what the costs are for the services they are expected to provide, especially for the ungrateful jackwagons that populate this forum. They submitted their budget request to the governor's office. Between there and the legislature, the money for the "capital" portion was ignored. These are funds that have been "foregone" in the last few budget cycles and need replacing or we will have to pay more or suffer more cuts.

Once again for the learning impaired, WDFW's funding from the GENERAL FUND was cut drastically. Some of those cuts resulted in closures and some of them were made up with higher license fees and licenses on ALL user groups. It was no where NEAR enough. The general fund money was utilized to provide for "commercial fisheries" that provides citizens a product, "enforcement" etc.

WDFW does this plea every time the legislature starts this CRAP to get the citizens that they serve to complain to the legislature. During the economic downturn, it didn't help. I have ALREADY posted links. The smart reader will verify the budget portion the WDFW receives and will know which one of us is correct.

Also, I really enjoy you lowering yourself to RJ's level. Good job! First whine and bitch for 15 years about what gets cut, then whine and bitch about what we end up having to pay, and when it comes time to fix it, you go all "hate" WDFW.

If I were the new director, I would remove you from your advisory position. You are doing a disservice to ALL sportfishers because of your pathetic vendetta.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
From the above article:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story mistakenly reported that the shortfall was in lawmakers' proposed Capital Budgets for WDFW. That was incorrect. The shortfalls are in their proposed Operating Budgets.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Bob, you're being deliberately obtuse, AS USUAL.

First of all, these are no longer separate agencies. Ancient and irrelevant history now.

WDFW knows what the costs are for the services they are expected to provide, especially for the ungrateful jackwagons that populate this forum. They submitted their budget request to the governor's office. Between there and the legislature, the money for the "capital" portion was ignored. These are funds that have been "foregone" in the last few budget cycles and need replacing or we will have to pay more or suffer more cuts.

Once again for the learning impaired, WDFW's funding from the GENERAL FUND was cut drastically. Some of those cuts resulted in closures and some of them were made up with higher license fees and licenses on ALL user groups. It was no where NEAR enough. The general fund money was utilized to provide for "commercial fisheries" that provides citizens a product, "enforcement" etc.

WDFW does this plea every time the legislature starts this CRAP to get the citizens that they serve to complain to the legislature. During the economic downturn, it didn't help. I have ALREADY posted links. The smart reader will verify the budget portion the WDFW receives and will know which one of us is correct.

Also, I really enjoy you lowering yourself to RJ's level. Good job! First whine and bitch for 15 years about what gets cut, then whine and bitch about what we end up having to pay, and when it comes time to fix it, you go all "hate" WDFW.

If I were the new director, I would remove you from your advisory position. You are doing a disservice to ALL sportfishers because of your pathetic vendetta.
WDFW does this plea every time the legislature starts this CRAP to get the citizens that they serve to complain to the legislature.
Well Marsha, that's the way that it's done here and you are part of the problem because you helped to vote them into office.:p The way its set up, WDFW has to go to the legislators to seek funding and its not vise versed. You have been here a lot longer then I have, so it all went down on your watch. :mad:

Well Marsha, you are not the new director so its doesn't mean squat what YOU think!:D
There are many members in the advisory group who have voiced the same concerns that I have. You want to remove them too? Is that how you deal with issues that go against your own views? You don't like what they say, so remove them? I had thought that you had gotten over your old ways here....my bad!

Why must you make everything so personal to try to prove your point here?

Now....Carry on!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
As with any government agency facing budget cuts, the automatic response is "we're going to have to make these visible, painful, hand picked to create controversy, cuts." WDFW has complete control of what cuts are made. To blame this on legislators and not hold WDFW hierarchy accountable is a huge error in perception Marsha. I recall a mandate that states we must provide a viable commercial fishery, and the same for a recreational/sport fishery. Essentially the same for both user groups. I must have missed the part where one has to subsidize the other. That's WDFW policy, just like shutting down a fishery because of reduced enforcement is. If it makes me an ungrateful jackwagon to bring this to your attention, so be it. All us jackwagons sleep just fine.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Hair,

That didn't take long for you to come to the rescue, lol.

Do you realize you just argued against yourself??? Something tells me you don't.

WDFW has to make the cuts if the funding isn't there. WHAT PART OF THAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

I believe they already intend on cutting some commercial fisheries. (Grays/Willapa) They cut sport fisheries several times in the last 3 bienniums and have cut into hatchery production all over the place.

You didn't mention the loss of 60% of the budget they used to get from the general fund THAT EVERYONE PAID INTO to support commercial fisheries. How convenient of you. It's a FACT that all of you WDFW haters are ignoring on purpose.

What would you like them to cut in order to prevent asking for an emergency surcharge/increase in our licenses and fees?

Blake already tried to raise commie rates and apparently, that's not going anywhere. HB 1948 WDFW can and does ask for all sorts of stuff the legislature does not give them. Why do you three have trouble understanding who the hell controls the money and how this all works?

If your intent is to do the Bob and RJ dance, you won't come out smelling any better. You can at least try to address the 60% general fund losses during the recession that have NOT been replaced BY THE LEGISLATURE.

As to the "The shortfalls are in their proposed Operating Budgets." the attacks on WDFW are even MORE absurd in light of the CRAP this governor and legislator are attempting to pass.

In fact, WDFW doesn't WANT to raise our license fees or cut anything else. They want what they KNOW is ethical from the states politicians.... They appear to want all citizens to pay their fair share for the fish and seafood they get at the store for a lot less than it cost to raise and manage.

And so do I.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Hair,

That didn't take long for you to come to the rescue, lol.

Do you just realize you argued against yourself??? Something tells me you don't.

WDFW has to make the cuts if the funding isn't there. WHAT PART OF THAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

I believe they already intend on cutting some commercial fisheries. (Grays/Willapa) They cut sport fisheries several times in the last 3 bienniums and have cut into hatchery production all over the place.

You didn't mention the loss of 60% of the budget they used to get from the general fund THAT EVERYONE PAID INTO to support commercial fisheries. How convenient of you. It's a FACT that all of you WDFW haters are ignoring on purpose.

What would you like them to cut in order to prevent asking for an emergency surcharge/increase in our licenses and fees?

Blake already tried to raise commie rates and apparently, that's not going anywhere. HB 1948 WDFW can and does ask for all sorts of stuff the legislature does not give them. Why do you three have trouble understanding who the hell controls the money and how this all works?

If your intent is to do the Bob and RJ dance, you won't come out smelling any better. You can at least try to address the 60% general fund losses during the recession that have NOT been replaced BY THE LEGISLATURE.

As to the "The shortfalls are in their proposed Operating Budgets." the attacks on WDFW are even MORE absurd in light of the CRAP this governor and legislator are attempting to pass.

In fact, WDFW doesn't WANT to raise our license fees or cut anything else. They want what they KNOW is ethical from the states politicians.... They appear to want all citizens to pay their fair share for the fish and seafood they get at the store for a lot less than it cost to raise and manage.

And so do I.
BREAKING NEWS.....

MARSHA NOW LOVES WDFW

image003.gif

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Hell, they already have asked for that increase!

WDFW already has bills in the system to assure that they can maintain business as usual!

You need to get up to speed Marsha!

License Fee Bills:

There are several bills still alive that will have impacts on our fishing license fees. Even though some of these bills did not make it out of committee, we are working with the chairs of the committees and they are marked as necessary to implement the budget (NTIB).

· HB 1563 & SB 5531 - increases revenue to the state wildlife account through commercial fishing license fees. These bills only contain the commercial elements of our agency request fee bill.

· HB 1620 & SB 5716 - increases the biotoxin testing and monitoring surcharge on various recreational shellfish licenses by $1. These bills are the Dept of Health's agency request bills.

· SB 5632 - increases revenue to the state wildlife account through commercial and recreational fishing license fees. This bill is our agency request bill.
WRONG …again Marsha!

increases revenue to the state wildlife account through commercial and recreational fishing license fees. This bill is our agency request bill .

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I, on behalf of all ungrateful jackwagons (herein referred to as "UJW's"), hereby officially acknowledge the WDFW budget has been cut. Just as every state funded entity has. $10.8 million is roughly 3% of the WDFW annual budget. Not trying to minimize it, but really isn't that big a deal. WDFW has physical assets, why not sell off $10.8 million there? Why not reallocate/reduce staff or procedures, like the rest of the non-government world does when facing a 3% belt tightening? Why not let the tribes take over some hatcheries, at least the hatcheries and fisheries would be better off.

By your logic, if I paid the power bill, car payment, insurance, hookers and booze before I paid the mortgage I can blame the legislators for this? WTF..... Who knew!!

This is just WDFW taking advantage of the situation they themselves created. Steelhead harvest is screwed. How can we make this work for us?

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
WDFW has physical assets, why not sell off $10.8 million there?

WDFW does NOT have the authority to sell off assets.

Why not reallocate/reduce staff or procedures, like the rest of the non-government world does

Wait, you do want cuts, or you don't? Make up your mind!

By your logic, if I paid the power bill, car payment, insurance, hookers and booze before I paid the mortgage I can blame the legislators for this? WTF, Who knew!!

What a bunch of CRAP. They aren't giving WDFW enough to pay for any of those in total.

This is just WDFW taking advantage of the situation they themselves created. Steelhead harvest is screwed. How can we make this work for us?

No, they aren't. The situation was created by a recession. Much of the fisheries stuff was postponed until such time as the state was seeing better times. Those better times are here. We can make this work for us by contacting our district representatives and tell them enough is enough, the tell the governor to shove his transportation and cap and trade plans where the sun doesn't shine.

ALL of our natural resource agencies are at the bottom of the politicians priorities BECAUSE people like RJ, Bob and apparently now you have no clue how any of this works. Whining about WDFW on Gamefishin is NOT how funding the agency works. Never was and never will be.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
WDFW has assets. They campaigned to purchase the assets, let them campaign to sell them.

We're determining the wisdom of the proposed cuts WDFW made, not the decision to meet budget restraints.

No, they didn't give the WDFW enough to cover all that stuff. But it's clearly the WDFW deciding when, what, where, and how $ is spent, and how money is saved. C'mon, you leave out the booze and pay the mortgage! WDFW is as transparent as they need to be. Obviously they don't need to be.

Natural resources are at the bottom because of life long special interest legislators. Pretty tight alliance with plenty of resources. It's not because of the forums, Bob, RJ, or any other UJW.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
WDFW has assets. They campaigned to purchase the assets, let them campaign to sell them.

[/URL][/IMG]
d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg

The money for those land purchases are not part of their operating budget. It's a use it or lose it fund. State Parks is the same way. They aren't allowed BY LAW to use the funds for other accounts and uses. I don't particularly like it either, because we perpetually have to pay to take care of it.

And still you keep saying WDFW should do this, that and the other thing, but most of your suggestions, they CAN'T. BY LAW! What part of that is so hard for you to understand?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 92 Posts