Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to hear your guys input on this, if I had to choose between fishing reiter or tokul which one would give me the best chance to catch a steelhead. I have fished reiter before but never been to tokul. So if you guys could give your input on fishing these fisheries and maybe directions to tokul I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to expand my fishing knowledge a bit, and try some new spots. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Tokul is easy to get to.

Once in Fall City take the bridge over the river and then head a right onto Fall City/Snoqualmie Road (you get onto the road via a traffic circle). Stay on that road and then take another right on 372nd Ave. That road will take you right to the access site.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
I would fish neither as they are both combat sites and fishing should be more relaxing than that. Hike a little ways below either of them and you will still find fish Tup:

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
SportJet said:
I would fish neither as they are both combat sites and fishing should be more relaxing than that. Hike a little ways below either of them and you will still find fish Tup:
Maybe Sportjet will take you out for a nice relaxing day in his big'ol jet pump sled. :lol:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Reiter is a great fishery to learn various techniques. They get more fish back there too. Tokul is going to be a weird flippin', flossin', shallow water fishery that doesn't teach you much about traditional steelhead fishin. You can catch fish there though. I would stick with Reiter till you start to figure things out then go off on your own to find some virgin water.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would go to Reiter if the fishing is half way decent. I've fished around Tokul 2 out of the last 3 days, only saw one fish caught. Water is low and fishin' is slow - at least from what I've seen. Think we could use a shot of new water, I guess if the temps go up the snow will melt.......

·
Registered
89 Posts
reiter is good after a good flush

it has been really slow since chirstmas

i went friday and saw two fish caught

and i went today and saw three caught in three hours

but herd about six fish that were caught in the morning

if you wanted to catch fish your best chance right now is blue creek

·
Registered
246 Posts
Pick one and go then start to learn that river, how it fishes (where the fish lay and what the will take) when it starts to get low. I have had some great days out there when everyone else stayed in becuase the water was too low. There are fish in both systems rigth now, maybe not as many pouring in as a week ago, but there are fish around. I hooked one in the Snoqualmie yesterday and only fished for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Neither also...I would fish just above the boat launch at tokul....or down at the school house in Fall city on the north side of the river..much more pleasurable choice. Or at the mouth of the Tolt as well.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Reiter is a great place to fish....I love the boulder garden scene.

However, I will only fish it for winter steel when it's quiet. Early to mid November, middle of the week and at the butt crack of dawn. :D

G

·
Personally I would send you up to Reiter like Hubby says there is alot of different water there, There are alot of guys with every different variation and gear style up there, If your there on a good day and people are in a good mood someone might share with you some secrets. Just remember that is a moody place sometimes the whole mood can be a little jacked don't take it personal.

One good thing about Reiter there is ALWAYS and i Mean ALWAYS a few steelhead up there, you always have a chance at a fish. If there isnt many people up there just reel a steelee spoon and you have an excellent chance. just be confident up there and you will find success.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
It's gonna take some warm rain to get either place worth fishing. Reiter looks like it does in August right now with the water extremely low and clear.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How big of a creek is Tokul? as in width...also how stacked with steelies does it get? I am in Port Angeles and might make the looong drive out there sometime before the run is over. Any info appreciated and if you have any zipper info pm me please, thanx!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
save your gas and go south its been dead for a while not many fish this year. its like 20 feet wide or so i think it. the run was over even before it started lol

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have a friend that has gone 2x's in the last 3 days. He caught and released one each day. He also had numerous hits. He really knows how to fish them, and pretty much has had the hits on Eggs.

He fished down from Tokul at the boat launch. I went to a hole I go to and saw 2 fish jump in 10 minutes about 2 miles downriver from there.

I will be heading there in the early morning, to bank fish since I just sold my little sled :(

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
What is the water like at either of these two places? Can I get by with my 1141 or do I need something heavier? Thinking about heading out Saturday as I'm dying to do some fishing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts