Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be replacing my boat canvas soon. I have black canvas now but was thinking of changing over to red. I've had some people tell me that red will fade over time more than other colors. Anyone out there have a red top, or knows of someone with red, that can give me their opinion?

Slabby

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I've done some oil changes and service work for some people who have a red tonneau cover for their boat. It's made out of Sunbrella. It's a couple years-old, and spends all summer in the sun. I've never notices any fading on it. If the top is going to be exposed year-round you might get some fading after a couple of years, but the top is going to deteriorate in continual exposure too and will eventually need to be replaced again anyway. Red won't fade and/or deteriorate any faster than any other dark color.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peddler,

I think I've made my decision. I'm going with Red. I've got red in my red and black stripes, red in the boat name and on the motor. It should look pretty sharp when its done.

Slabby

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20miler said:
Don't rule out TOP GUN fabric if you fish alot.
I had never heard of Top Gun. Did a Google search and checked it out on line. Looks like nice fabric. In your opinion, why is it better for fishing than sunbrella? I don't know much about either fabric.

Slabby

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
really not any difference with Top gun or sunbrella materials....the thread count is the same and the warranty is the same.
Top gun came out with a number of different colors which makes it a good choice if you are in the market for something a bit off the beaten path color wise.
If you have a top maker in mind then you will be happy with either choice. If you are still checking out prices and don't mind making a road trip to save a ton of money then send either me or Fastfish a p.m. and we can steer you to a place that does unbelievable work at a ridiculously low price....square tube frame, three panel front (zippered panel in the middle) drop curtains and super quick turn=around time. Probably four to six hundred bucks less than your local prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts