Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started taking rat poison to thin out my blood. If anybody out there takes the stuff as well can you please post or PM me some of the things I can or cannot do.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
sir john said:
I have just started taking rat poison to thin out my blood. If anybody out there takes the stuff as well can you please post or PM me some of the things I can or cannot do.
Is that the prescription name? Or are you taking Strychnine? If so I don't want to here how great socialized medicine is ever again. wink: Without more info "rat poison" sounds like something to stay away from unless the black plague is still a thorn in Europes side.

We have Coumadin and other various types of blood thinners available over here that work well when properly administered and monitored by a Physician. Aspirin too...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Continued......

As far as what not to do.....Don't overdose, don't suffer major hemhorragic trauma, your menstrual cylcle could be heavier, quit smoking, and the most important thing a Brit could do is to stay away from American politics for a stroke or aneurism could lead to a mental incapacity or worse.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct name is Warfarin. I have stopped taking Asprin now as it is also a thinner.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Be careful about taking others thinners with that (medicinal and dietary). Also it might be good to have a clotting agent/shaving stick to stop some of the nicks and cuts that are inevitable as bleeding can be a pain. Watch your BP as an aneurism/small internal bleed can be disastrous. Eat healthy, go fishing, enjoy life and God Bless you. I wish you health and happiness.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
John,

No really big adjustments in lifestyle needed. Don't take aspirin on a regular basis. Carry a few band aids in your pocket, because even the smallest nick might need to be plugged up. Make sure to get your blood "thickness" checked regularly and watch for unusual or exessive bruising on your skin, which might be a sign that your blood is too thin. I know better than to even mention the smoking issue, so I won't wink: So I lied, quit smoking. My Mom smoked for 60 years, and even after throat cancer she wouldn't quit. She beat the throat cancer, but when they took out a large chunk of one of her lungs, she finally quit puffing on cigs. It's amazing how well she's doing now. I wish I was so healthy!

·
Registered
289 Posts
You have to watch out for aspirin, pain killers, and anti-biotics if you get sick. Tylenol will not thin out your blood, so take that for headaches and minor pain. You have to be consistent about the amount of green leafy vegtables you eat too, they have vitamin K in them and that is what thickens your blood. I have been taking them for 8 years. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
sir john said:
No doctors in England? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts