Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL !!! I been MIA for few months dealing with business and just back, lovin the new site!! looks killer! clap: clap:

Question, is anbyone here a house painter? my Q is can I paint my exterior in this cold weather? and if yes, how the heck do i get my sprayer to shoot the thick cold goo?

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
That is a bad idea. Don't do it in the cold or wet.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I used to paint houses for a living. Don't do it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm a painting contractor. Yes you can paint in the cold down to 35 degrees. That's if the low is 35 degrees.
While it is not the most ideal condition for exterior painting, it can be done if it is an absolute necessity such as new construction or closing conditions of a home. It's not the cold that will have as much effect as moisture though. You still can't paint in the rain or over ice or frost.
Sherwin Williams, Kelly Moore, Fuller O'brien, and a few others have paints designed for such applications.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
CommanderX- thanks!! its absolutely necessary as i have an appraisal in 3 days and gaining 10-15K must be done and my painst hammered. If i dont get a little more value on paper then my payments gonna be too high to refi.. basicly either my vaue gains around 10-15 or i walk away and my ex swoops in with her attorney immediatly and gets it.. sick: i just need to know how to do paint in cold and wet.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
You're not gonna gain 10-15K from a new paint job.

The best thing can do is provide useful data to the appraiser in an effort to help him/her with the appraisal in order to get the figures higher. But realistically in this market appraiser are not going to influenced much. The market is tight and appraisers/appraisals are being closely scrutinized.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
fishinfoolz said:
You're not gonna gain 10-15K from a new paint job.

The best thing can do is provide useful data to the appraiser in an effort to help him/her with the appraisal in order to get the figures higher. But realistically in this market appraiser are not going to influenced much. The market is tight and appraisers/appraisals are being closely scrutinized.
i am aware of that :lol: well, not painting alone.. i just think i should just to back up what the numbers should be.. i cant afford anything going wrong thats all..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
KCKracker said:
CommanderX- thanks!! its absolutely necessary as i have an appraisal in 3 days and gaining 10-15K must be done and my painst hammered. If i dont get a little more value on paper then my payments gonna be too high to refi.. basicly either my vaue gains around 10-15 or i walk away and my ex swoops in with her attorney immediatly and gets it.. sick: i just need to know how to do paint in cold and wet.
If you need it done in the next 3 days, I wouldn't do it. There is too much moisture. At these temps the paint will take a day or two to dry and with the amount of rain and high humidity you will end up with alot of it on the ground. Wait for a week of no rain.

·
Registered
693 Posts
put a bigger tip on the airless. you could spray syrup! clown: it may not dry 'till end of july to early august!

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
CommanderX said:
If you need it done in the next 3 days, I wouldn't do it. There is too much moisture. At these temps the paint will take a day or two to dry and with the amount of rain and high humidity you will end up with alot of it on the ground. Wait for a week of no rain.
I went to lowes and did some searching, the higher end paint guarentees as low as 35 degrees and the paint guy said "do it, if it turns to poop i will give you more to redo it, if they guarentee down that low then they can replace it " :D and i bought a big airless, it was cheap.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
If you want to try and boost your value $10-$15k you better skip the paint and remodel the kitchen and bath. As long as your current paint isn't pealing off I wouldn't waste the time and effort, this new paint job isn't gonna get you a value boost. One thing to remember, improvements are only worth what "the market" will pay for them and quite often that value is less than what they cost new to begin with. I have a couple of tips for you. Make sure the house is clean and neat when the appraiser shows up. He will at least take pictures of the front and rear so make sure there isn't any junk or other items that will be in the way of the pictures. Make sure the appraiser can move freely around the exterior of the home when measuring it. As an appraiser, one thing that irritates me is having to climb over a pile of junk, lumber, ladders, etc. to measure the wall of a home. If you have shrubs and other landscaping that obstruct the views of the home, cut them back. Make sure that the home looks nice from the street. Also most appraisers take interior photos these days and they will probably e a photo of the living room, kitchen and a full bath. Make sure these areas at least are clean and neat. If there is mold in the bathroom remove it. It sounds like you need a little bit of a value push and showing the appraiser that you take care of the home will definitely help. However, depending on the size and age as well as location of your home, $10,000 to $15,000 is a pretty large push in most cases.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
DBAppraiser said:
If you want to try and boost your value $10-$15k you better skip the paint and remodel the kitchen and bath. .
Great, just got up and its snowing sick:
Thanks for the info DB, the BR and kitchen been done (well 95% done). and the value is here no doubt but i just wanna make sure that this crappy paint, missing molding etc dont cause me to LOSE value.. I was pretty screwed a few months ago starting this but thanks to Setdahook ive come a long ways, you guys have no idea how much your correctly guided info can mean!

Feel free to stop in and tell me what im missing doing :mrgreen: and yes we are NOT clutter or nicknack people so extra cleaning is easy..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts