Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of folks are awaiting this. (for those that enjoy this fishery)

An official News Release "Emergency Rule" will be announced today.

The jist of it will be this:

Puyallup River opens above Freeman Road opening for fishing Aug. 1,
and below Freeman Road opening Aug. 16.
The river will be closed Aug. 11 when a tribal chinook fishery is scheduled.

In September there will be added closures when the tribes will be fishing two to three days per week for a total of 14 days the river be off limits to sport anglers.

WATCH THOSE DATES WHEN THE RIVER IS CLOSED. BE COURTEOUS TO EVERYONE.

The Lower Puyallup will also have closures in early October, but the upper river will have no closures.

(I will update the actual dates when the News Release is announced)

·
Registered
910 Posts
It would have been a travesty to not open up this popular fishery. For those of you that fish it. Be respectful and kind to your neighbor and the tribes to avoid conflict. It would be sad to see it shut down and lose a fishery for the masses.

SCARBOO

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks for the "Teaser" Tony!!!

Any word on the Skokly Dokly???

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
winterun said:
Thanks for the "Teaser" Tony!!!

Any word on the Skokly Dokly???
Kinda

Skokomish River is different, the state hopes to find some kind of resolve by later this week. The sport fishery could be like last year where there was 25 days of fishing and opening Aug. 1 as opposed to last year when it opened on Aug. 10.

“The meetings are on-going on the Skokomish situation,�
Dang.. 17 is one tide swing on the columbia.

I am chomping to fish in the tribs but I will save it for winter steelhead. Enjoy the sun, drinking beer, sitting on anchor and catching Idaho's steelhead is just too much fun and a good way to get Wife and kids into steelhead![/quote]
Did you really need to tell me that?. wink:e-mailed Pautzke ab

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wonder a little if the lower river closures have more to do with the Clark Creek king run then anything else. I don't fish for them, but I have heard that most of them are through by the 16th.

·
Registered
600 Posts
bout a mile down from 512 over pass, across from B and B auto sales. It is also 82nd Ave East on Google maps.

Okay so maybe 2 miles down from the overpass as seen by the map below Tup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mr56Jeep said:
Can I still fish it from a boat down by 11th street?
Was wondering the same thing from a pontoon. I believe that below the bridge is considered part of MA 11 and would be outside of the tribes zone

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mr56Jeep said:
Can I still fish it from a boat down by 11th street?
From my memory the puyallup river starts at the 11th st bridge.
Anything down from that is Commencement bay part of area 11, but does have its own set of special rules.

·
Registered
298 Posts
They need to give the skok tribe the finger and open the damn river!! :evil:

A

·
0 Posts
why dont they make a rule that on the days the tribes net sportsfisherman cant wade in the river ?, wouldnt that cover the safety issue ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its past Tuesday and the WDFW still havn't posted the regs for the Puke yet. Cmon now, dont go on the radio and say you would so something and not do it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ainokea said:
Its past Tuesday and the WDFW still havn't posted the regs for the Puke yet. Cmon now, dont go on the radio and say you would so something and not do it.
I think they (WDFW Managers) are finalizing the exact Model BMW they want from the tribe.

Should be anytime now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
fishinJedi said:
ainokea said:
I think they (WDFW Managers) are finalizing the exact Model BMW they want from the tribe.

Should be anytime now.
Oh that's right they quit making Hummers!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thursday.......no answer yet? Lame...my buddy and I walked out to the mouth of the skok and saw fish being chased down by fisherman it was a joke. Talked to a hatchery tech and they have only recieved 25 fish so far, but we did see a huge group of fish and the mouth of Purdy creek. Should be a good opener this year.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Season has now been announced...closed Aug 11th and multiple days in Sept.

Key: Be courteous and safe to everyone!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
July 25, 2013
Puyallup River sport salmon
fishery opens in August

OLYMPIA – Recreational salmon fishing will open in August and September on the Puyallup River, while fishery managers work to finalize fall salmon fisheries.

The sport fishery on the upper portion of Puyallup River will get under way Aug. 1 while the lower stretch will open Aug. 16.

Earlier this year, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and Puyallup Tribe of Indians were unable to reach agreement on fisheries during the annual salmon season-setting process, known as North of Falcon. Instead, they agreed to continue negotiating.

Those discussions mostly focused on how to best ensure the safety of anglers and tribal gillnet fishers on the river, where conflicts between the two have occurred the last few years.

Developing orderly salmon fisheries where anglers and gillnetters share narrow waterways, such as the Puyallup River, is always a difficult task, said Pat Pattillo, salmon policy coordinator for WDFW.

“The safety of everybody on the river is paramount,� said Pattillo. “So openings for sport and treaty commercial fishers will be separated in August and September to ensure everybody has a safe and fair opportunity to catch salmon.�

Pattillo said the sport fishing timetable in August and September is consistent with the tribe’s proposal, however, further work is necessary to complete the fishing schedule for October through December.

Recreational salmon fishing on the Puyallup River from the City of Puyallup outfall structure across the river from the junction of Freeman Road and North Levee Road upstream to the mouth of the White River is open on the following dates:

Aug. 1 through 10, and Aug. 12 through Aug. 31
Sept. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, and 28

Recreational salmon fishing on the Puyallup River from the 11th Street Bridge upstream to the City of Puyallup outfall structure across the river from the junction of Freeman Road and North Levee Road, will be open on the following dates:

Aug. 16 through Aug. 31
Sept. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, and 28

In all areas, anglers will have a daily limit of six salmon (minimum size 12 inches). Anglers may keep up to four adult salmon, of which only two may be any combination of chinook, coho and chum. All wild adult chinook salmon must be released.sh back to the dugout.

"Come back in his own time," Ryan said. "We will be thinking of him and he will be with us, so the sooner he gets back the better.

"We just wish him the best, speedy recovery."

Wedge has been a staunch supporter of many of the Mariners' younger players, and now they are offering their support to him.

"It's not just me. It's a lot of guys in here," first baseman Justin Smoak said. "A lot of guys, and he's stuck with us a long time now. He's going to get through this, and we look forward to have him back."

The loss Wednesday was Seattle's first since July 12 and it ended the Mariners' season-high, eight-game winning streak.

Cleveland's Scott Kazmir allowed just one hit in eight innings, Michael Bourn hit his first career grand slam, and the Indians salvaged the final game of the three-game series.

The only hit Kazmir (6-4) gave up was a clean leadoff single to center by Smoak in the fifth. Kazmir struck out seven, walked two and allowed an unearned run.

"He was a different pitcher than in Cleveland," Thompson said of Kazmir, who allowed five runs and seven hits in three innings against the Mariners on May 20. "He looked like he was the old Kazmir.

"Great life on his fastball, location and command of it. That made his secondary stuff even better. Velocity was probably up 4-to-5 mph from when we saw him in Cleveland."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts