Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has used the phantom red Power Pro. Also with sliding floats how well do the nail knot float stops work on braid, do they stay where you put them or do they have a tendancy to slide on the braid.Just curious I'm setting my spare float rod up for a buddy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,033 Posts
No idea about the Powerpro Red, but for the slip knot, use 2 of them and use your teeth to cinch it down. 2 usually works. Don't use the rubber ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,347 Posts
i usually use one of the stops taht come with the bobbers, and i never have problems....even on braid. the only times iv had problems is cinching it too tight on mono and cant slide it up or down the line
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
101,632 Posts
I spooled up with red for a float rod when it first came out ..... I found it harder to see than the yellow .... so i went back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,033 Posts
Fish Guy Keith said:
I spooled up with red for a float rod when it first came out ..... I found it harder to see than the yellow .... so i went back!
Thats the point you big oaf! Now get back to drinking your Magic Juice! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
101,632 Posts
madcapmag said:
Fish Guy Keith said:
I spooled up with red for a float rod when it first came out ..... I found it harder to see than the yellow .... so i went back!
Thats the point you big oaf! Now get back to drinking your Magic Juice! :D
Cracker....Mmmmm magic juice!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Fish Guy Keith said:
madcapmag said:
Fish Guy Keith said:
I spooled up with red for a float rod when it first came out ..... I found it harder to see than the yellow .... so i went back!
Thats the point you big oaf! Now get back to drinking your Magic Juice! :D
Cracker....Mmmmm magic juice!!
You will have to make sure you bring the magic juice next time we go fishing Mmmmmm Tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
GillRaker said:
Do guides only carry right handed reels? I can't stand them.
Tekotas only come right handed, sorry.

I do carry more Curado 301's in my DB than 300's :D

I use Phantom Red PowerPro on our plug/baitdiver and trolling rods, and high vis yellow Powerpro on our bobberdoggin rods...for sidedrifting I perfer mono.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
I have used all the colors and keep coming back to green, but what ever color makes you happy and confident go with it wink: I have noticed that some of the bobber stops out there are thinner than others but I have not had a problem with slippage on the braid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,033 Posts
cohotr said:
Fish Guy Keith said:
madcapmag said:
Fish Guy Keith said:
I spooled up with red for a float rod when it first came out ..... I found it harder to see than the yellow .... so i went back!
Thats the point you big oaf! Now get back to drinking your Magic Juice! :D
Cracker....Mmmmm magic juice!!
You will have to make sure you bring the magic juice next time we go fishing Mmmmmm Tup:
He always brings the magic juice, but half of it is already in his gut by the time he gets to the river :|
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top