Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I've thought about making the treck down there. Do you know if they will have more vendors selling the simple stuff.
Like some of the others on here. I like to snoop around, and buy tackle. I need a columbia river anchor set up, and some other goodies. If I don't think about the gas money...I might be able to save a buck.
Does anyone think Portland has a better show than Evergreen show comming up?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I will probably go the 6th or 7th.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
As-always, I'll be working the Quantum booth. It's in the "old" section of the facility, in isle at the very North end. We'll have some good deals on great gear.

Is the Portland show better than Monroe? I think so. Is it worth the drive at $3/gallon... that's a tough call. It'll cost you $6 or $7 for parking and $10 to get into the show too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never been to any othe Sportsmans show, so I can honestly say I don't know how it compares. I do know that it takes up the whole Expo center which is 330,000 square ft.

The parking is spendy, but you can park at any Max (Tri-met mass transit) Park & ride facility for free and ride the train in for about $2.

There are also discount coupons available for $3 off of week day admission. https://www.expocenter.org/index.htm

Jig'n

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'll be working the Shimano Booth (1243-1251) @ the Portland Show Friday thru Sunday, stop by and say hi....see whats new @ Shimano in '08. Tup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Bob B. I was trying to decide whether to go or not, and if so which day. After reading your response I'm going to shoot for Friday if I can make it. Would love to meet you and thank you in person for your Escualo fleet recommendation for Mazatlan Tup: .

<*{{{{><
ketchumfast

·
Registered
88 Posts
is the portland show > Puyallup show

or is going to the puyallup show pretty much like going to the portland show, + the 2.5hour drive?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Portland show is by far the premier show in the area.I'll be there Sat.If your're hung up on the 2.5 hr. drive,the cost of fuel,cost of parking and entry fee,stay home.It usually takes a few hours to go threw the show and is well worth the drive to see all the new boats,gear, and tackle.This will be my 6th or 7th year down.Didn't do Puyallup show cuz it's the same stuff every year.At the Portland show,things do change.IMO....

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'll be there Thursday with my Gamefishin hat on. Hope to see some of you GF's

·
Registered
649 Posts
Dick Nite Booth will be there.

Reps will be manning it on Wed and Thu, then I will get there and do the Fri, Sat, Sun shows.

Looking forward to seeing some Gamefishers there!

Dick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts