1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have two and they're great...two heat settings and they warm my camper very well....too well actually. I like the saftey tip over feature and the low oxygen feature.....$65 is about the cheapest i've seen them for so not a bad deal.
Most guys don't like em in boats due to shutting off all the time....good luck!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I've got the smaller Buddy heater. It works very well as long as the wind isn't blowing hard or moving at speed in a boat. Definately worth the money as long as its used for what it was designed for.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I've got two of the smaller units, and I would say, if you want them for a boat, you'd be better off getting something else. They have a safty in them, so when you're in rough water they turn off. I was apparrently in too rough of water with mine because neither one of them work any more :roll:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i also am a big fan of the safety tip over feature. makes me feel much safer. also it gives you a range of temps and you can factor in a timer so it turns off at a certain time. it was my most prized possession when i lost power for 5 days from the windstorm in dec 06

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know why amazon and a couple other places are still selling the product # heater that was recalled? Thank for all the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts