Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying a pontoon :p do any of you guys out there have any suggestion :?: . Looking at the 9' sportsman pontoon for 399.00 I called Outcast and they say it the same as Cabella's Fish Cat 9 Tup: . Outcast stated Sportsman Pontoon 9 is a good deal :p how ever there are so many to choose form so help me out guys what do you suggest. This would be used for the Nootch, Satsop, Hump, Sky, Green and so on nothing rough and would and 8 foot pontoon work or would that be a rough ride???

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
bang for the buck the sportsmans 9 is a great deal! I think FishPimp and MadCamMag both have one also..... outcast is a great company..... then theres also bucks bags too with stainless steel frames and 10 year warrantys!!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I do indeed have the Sportsman 9. Its a good boat. Easy to assemble, fairly good on the water. Anchor system is kind of a dud, so had to have TRAUT help me retrofit it a bit. Also, the back platform, while wide at the base, is restricted at the top because of the tilt of the seat. That was an easy fix for TRAUT, just extended a couple tubes and now i can fit a nice cooler back there (maybe even a 40qt). The pontoons are real tough. I've routinely dragged mine across concrete, dirt, rocks, grass, whatever, and while they are scuffed, no problems there. Overall a pretty well made system. Good bang for the money.

I was not impressed with the Bucks Bags. While making the displays for Sportsmans Warehouse, we needed a rubber hammer to fit some parts together ebcause the powder coating got in the way. There was also one, not sure if its still up, where the holes in the frames didn't match up, so we had to use zip ties.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys it's just tough trying to figure out what I want sound like the Sportsman 9 is a good deal. Do the tubes fold up small for storage :?:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For any one that have the Sportsman 9 Do you think there safe in rivers?? Such as the Nooch, Hump, Satsop, Green? I plan on using it more in the summer months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts