Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Forum Loads very slow

Votes: 5 4.2%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a couple members who have noted speed issues with the new forum. In order to help me troubleshoot the problem, please take a moment to complete the poll.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
It seems to vary. Some days are OK while others are a bit slow.

It seems that the more people are on then the slower it gets. And it is slower in the evening than in the day time. I am surprised at any slowdown at all because I am on a Fiber Optic Cable system.

This is the only site that slows down for me. Others do not.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
it loads between fast and very fast for me!

on the computer I use the most here .... I'm using IE6 , Windows XP, 3GHZ processor, 2gb rams if the specs help thats what I'm using most.....

Just went and checked using an older computer and it loads just as fast as this one dose ...specs on the older one are : 1.8 celron , 512 ram, IE6 with XP

Havent tried the laptop yet on the new forum

All were using comcast internet

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hook,

I access the site at work though a DS3 fiber line -- incredibly huge bandwidth.

My conclusion is you have NO PROBLEMS on your end. It's blindingly/blazingly fast from here.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Fast at work....

Firefox browser on XP
Shared Business DSL
1.7GHz Celeron w/1 GB RAM

Just as fast at home.....

IE 6 browser on XP
Verizon 3Mb DSL
2.8GHz Celeron w/ 1 GB RAM

Slower in the evening at home, at peak usage times. That's to be expected.

No complaints or problems.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the new forum on either of my Vista laptop (wireless), XP box (ethernet) or Mac at work (ethernet).

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Major said:
It seems to vary. Some days are OK while others are a bit slow.

This is the only site that slows down for me. Others do not.
Same here,

Some days are brutally slow, others, only annoyingly slow.
No problems with any other sites I go to.

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
If you are having problems loading the forum in your browser, the first thing you should do is delete all your temporary internet files, all offline content, and clear your cache. Close and re-open your browser then see if the problem persists. If it's still too slow, go buy a better PC!

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Like my PM said it was dead slow last night.

That is why I asked about how to take rubbish off my laptop in case that is where the fault lie.

Today back to normal.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
It loads like any other page for me. Don't notice any lag time. I have cable with a 64 bit system xp pro. 1 gig memory. So I voted it average.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It loads just fine for me for the most part. The pictures can take a while sometimes and sometimes it takes a few extra seconds here and there when the fishin is slow and were all on here but hell coming from home where it takes about a min per page to load any site its mighty fine!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
For me it loads slow slow slow.Sometimes so slow i just say bag it and not go onto the site.Have a newer computer on verizion high speed.I have deleted all the cache and temporary internet files and also did a disc scan and a defrag which has not helped.Loads faster on my home computer which is 4 years old and on dial up service.This is the only site i visit that this happens to...

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
johnguz76 said:
For me it loads slow slow slow.Sometimes so slow i just say bag it and not go onto the site.Have a newer computer on verizion high speed.I have deleted all the cache and temporary internet files and also did a disc scan and a defrag which has not helped.Loads faster on my home computer which is 4 years old and on dial up service.This is the only site i visit that this happens to...
Same here. I don't have any problems with other sites. The longest delays tend to be after I post a reply, or when trying to load certain posts. The main board loads pretty well most of the time.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
sporadic.....can you get a traffic analysis from your provider?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Back to go slow again.

After posting and it says that it is posted then it is quicker to log off and then back on again as it can take upto a minute before I see the post.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
sir john said:
Back to go slow again.

After posting and it says that it is posted then it is quicker to log off and then back on again as it can take upto a minute before I see the post.
Yep, that's what I have to do after nearly every reply. It's quicker to close the window and re-enter the website than to wait for the reply to show up on it's own.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts