Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this site and new to steelhead fishing on this side of the mountains. I've spent most of my life pulling those beautiful babies out of the Hanford reach area!

Can anyone help with places to find fish in the next few weeks through March/April? I'll be bank fishing. I'm not at familiar with the different river systems around here, although I did pull a nice 15lb. hatchery buck out of the Kalama a couple of summers ago. I will have alot of time on my hands in the next couple of months and want to spend it fishing as much as humanly possible! Thanks for the help.

This is an unbelievable web-site by the way. I haven't found anything even close! clap:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
for hatcheries, the cowlitz b run should be pretty good by then but for nates i would hit the hump, sol duc, hoh, or any of those op rivers.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
How's about what area are you , Seattle ? Olympia ? If Tacoma,try the wynoochie cowlits or satsup , And there is a lot to learn about watching the weather and run timing , I have been at this for a couple years , I am starting to figure that you go and talkto the guys on the bank , If there aint no one on the bank then hopefully you packed a picnic , I went to the skookumchuck and learned a bit about the local area and that it has a hatchery steel plant , and that it is an on off river , Go with Phil Mystical legends guide ,He is on this site ,He's honest read his posts he will tell you if its slow , and then go to seminars, people advertise them on this site usually at the last minute , the main thing is ,I learn more on the river by applying knowledge and being nice to my fellow's , I have caught a [few] [few ] steel head My avg has been one every other trip , Just be determined and learn ,

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Green River has a pretty decent run of nates in late February but isn't open in march. It is worth a try especially since it is real close and there is really good access on the Green. I like to fish around the Auburn Gold course. Give it a try if you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
March is a graet time to fish the hoh , solduck and what . i have booked my trip for 3-22-3-23
2 graet days for metalheads !
i spoke to my guide yesterday he has a few days left !
pm me if ya want the ph number
dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts