Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
took my nephew fishing out by locksloy just stayed an hour but managed to land two silvers(spawners)but still fun for a six yearold boy. and i lost about a 6 to 7 lb steelhead. we had fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Water still clear,need some rain bad some samon still here caught 2 real red ones on shrimp nice fight but real nasty looking.Trying the stilly tomarow

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Fished the upper Pilchuck River Sunday. Not any action, a few small trout chasers, no hookups. Used everything I had, no luck. I'm new to the area and obviously need HELP! What do you use that works? Where do I go? I'm a realativly good fisherman, but felt like a novice Sunday. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. e-mail me a [email protected] I'll let you know how your advice worked. THANKS

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Fished about an hour. Landed a silver, no other bites. Lots of spawed out fish. I haven't fished here much, does anyone know what parts of the river are closed? The Fish and Game booklet is rather vauge.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Fished saturday for a couple hours. The river has changed course substantially this year. It makes for a different fishing experience. Watch out for deep holes that were not there last year when you are wading... No luck other than 1 good bump. Doesn't appear to be many fish in the river this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
After fishing the Stilly N.F.most of the day. I stopped at the Pill
above Granite Falls. Finaly hooked a nice steelie around 10lbs. Lost
it about five feet away. #&*@! Only fish in the river, had to loose
it. Oh well. Corkie and shrimp,3:30 pm. Need rain.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Fished the Pill Saturday above Granite Falls off of Skinner rd.
Nothing! Water a little high one and a half to two foot visability.
Pleanty fishable. Hit another spot down by Ray Grey rd. Notta. Slow
year for the Pill.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Fished the Pill today. Started at Schwartsmiller, nothing. Went down
streem from Debuqe, notta. Went to Ray Gray, hooked and lost a nice
bright nate around 12#. Went up to Menzel Lk. rd. bridge, hicked down
about 1/8 of a mile Hooked,landed,and released two beutiful,bright
nate hens around 14 and 18lbs. woohooo!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Fished the Pill again Sunday morning below Menzle Lk. Rd bridge. Same
place I caught the beuty the day before. Caught a 7lb hatchery buck.
He was pretty hagard. Not even much of a fight. Sopprised he even
took the bait. Heard of a couple of other nates.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Fished the Pill yesterday, and half of today. Yesterday morning I
caught a bright 8lb. hen. Then in the afternoonI caught a 16lb buck
with a little color. Woohoo. Today nothing. Bummer it has to close.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, fished here for two hours and caught two humpies, both were pretty humped up, but neither were snagged, saw guy down from me catch 11 pound silver took hime 30 minutes to get it in, he was plunking with sand shripm

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
was helping buddy move from snohomish he did live on the river and as we were out there i had to check the river and there were already steelies in the river did see what i thought to be silvers but could be bright chums hard to tell as the water was merky. also there was quite a bit of floating piles of compost(hummpies) swimming about.ready for the steelhead season to begin up there

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
the poor pil is really slow and low.Minimal fish this year AGAIN seems to be getting worse every year. Guess the sky will be my new home.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Went out to the Pil yesterday talked to a couple guys walking every hole. They said no fish and no bites. Tough times on the Pilchuck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts