Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at FF for awhile and the more I look the more confused I get. Can I get some ideas from all of you.
What is peak to peak power. And what does RMS have to do with it. I have the pixel count figured out more is better.

1. Under $300.00
2. Freshwater most lakes under 150" deep.
3. Konanee, Trout, Bass

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
HUmming bird has some great units under the 300 daollar mark!! But if your looking for a full featured unit (gray scale, not color) look at the eagle 480DF 480 x480 resoution , amber back lit screen (not side) duel freq. 50 / 200 , 4000 watts peak power, speed and temp.... + more its one of those units that bang for the buck you cant beat..... they run 229.99

FishHawker said:
Check out the Humminbird line.....

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I'd get the best you can afford. But also rember what you and I were talking about, useing a fishfinder to follow a certan depth range. Even a cheap unit will do that. The real high dollar units can pick-up the air bladder in fish, and from that you can have a better idea on the type of fish. Some have bigger air bladders that other types of fish.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Furuno makes a nice and affordable grey scale.
Furuno LS4100 Fish Finder with Transom Mount Transducer
about $200 if you shop around.

color is nice, but for the price, this is an awesome unit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Humminbird has two units at the 279.99 mark. The 727 features dualbeam plus and 640 vertical pixels It is a B/W unit with 16 level greyscale. The other is the 343c. It has a smaller (but color) screen and 1000ft depth capability. I think either of these would fit the bill for you.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've owned the LS4100 Furuno. Had to be close to it so see it clearly.
I now have a Lowrance color. $$$, EAsy to read but the Furuno was a better machine.
I used to have a Garmin. They do a pretty good job as well.
I've also had Apelco CRT finder..very nice but bulky.
my 2 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts