Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, one of the ideas from the old forum at the end of the year was to make up calanders with the top 12 photo's. I think that's a great idea. So far that is the best though going for prize recognition for the photo contest. I actually think we should use 14 photo's. the overall winner for the cover, and then add a January 2009 page to the calander as over lap. Depends upon the software available to do this.

The Income from the sale of the calanders will likely need to be used to run this operation, however we will have to see about the cost to produce them and see what else happens over the next 12 months.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks JJHACK for doing this again, I sure enjoyed looking at some very nice pics from last year and look foward to the ones this year!

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, I too agree that this is a very entertaining event. I find myself checking back frequently to see what is new.

With a full year of entries we should have several pages of photos this year.

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else surprised at the amount of early entries in the hunting dog thread? I'm glad I decided to put that into the mix. I hope I can get a good photo of my pup this week while he's on point.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
JJHACK said:
Okay, one of the ideas from the old forum at the end of the year was to make up calanders with the top 12 photo's. I think that's a great idea. So far that is the best though going for prize recognition for the photo contest. I actually think we should use 14 photo's. the overall winner for the cover, and then add a January 2009 page to the calander as over lap. Depends upon the software available to do this.

The Income from the sale of the calanders will likely need to be used to run this operation, however we will have to see about the cost to produce them and see what else happens over the next 12 months.
Already got enough dog action photos to make a nice calander and we haven't even done the pheasant hunt yet!

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After the group outing on the 15th there are going to be a number of guys saying wow I shoulda gone on that trip. When the photo's show up here and they see those mutant science project giant roosters.

I told the owner I'm coming back with a landing net to catch one from the flight pen. I want one of these beauties to mount for my trophy room. Perfect thick long tails and giant bodies. What a specimen for a mount, Oh and the colors, wow they are beauties! If I did not know these were for hunting, I would have thought he was rasing them for some kind of show competition.

Without a doubt these are the best looking birds I've ever seen in my life.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The guy I use to buy my birds from had a line that was larger than normal if it's the same line will have nice big targets preserve I hunted in Idaho last year the owner had some reeves pheasants that he raised and mounted to sell for around $350, man what a big beautiful bird unfortunately he doesn't release them to be hunted.

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well..... speaking just for myself this was no easy task to pick the favorites here. A few catagories were down right toss-ups. Especially the wildlife catagory. So many great photo's this year.

Hopefully we will be able to get a lot of votes on this and get better resolution to the favorites. Sign up friends and family the more members that want to join in the better!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I agree picking favorites was tough, especially from the hunting dogs and wildlife categories.

Kudos to the members, Great Job!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I don't know if it is too late or not, but I wanted to share the pic I took of the two lip curling rams, so I added it to the wildlife thread last night. Those big rams are truly impressive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts