phil anderson ? | Gamefishin.com

phil anderson ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Politics - The WDFW / ODFW Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you think he has been bad for sportfishing ??

2. River Jim

River Jim Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about him to comment about him personally.....However Pat the Frasier is a different story......I do know Phil keeps this man employed even when his appearence is far from professional.....I've seen drunks in hallways in Seattle he could call bro.....RJ out.

3. Chuck S

Chuck S Active Member

answering your rhetorical question would be following a lemming wink:

4. River Jim

Hey Chuck,

You do know human lemmings are not real, right?.......RJ out.

5. MYSTICAL LEGENDS

MYSTICAL LEGENDS Well-Known Member

Pretty tough job with what he has to work with so my judgement is on hold. Washingtons goverment needs to evaluate the way in runs this state and fast. We should have the best Salmon, Steelhead fishing in the world yet we are loosing it faster than I can blink..pathetic no good for nothin losers!

6. 2MANY

2MANY Active Member

Well put it this way............
    Idaho does a better job of managing ocean going Salmon and Steelhead and they are one state inland from the ocean. Not to mention the Oregon and Washington guys pound their fish day after day.

You would think Washington could get it done but they are a proven group of liberals that generation after generation continue to subscribe to the something for nothing princible. You can bet while we are up worring about it they are sound asleep with their anti snore devices in place and their wives sleeping in the spare bedroom. Oink oink lazy failures.

7. MYSTICAL LEGENDS

MYSTICAL LEGENDS Well-Known Member

Pretty frickin sad the mid west bios do a better job with imported Salmon and Steelhead than does Washingtons....Maybe we should import some of them...Bios not salmon..well maybe both??

8. River Jim

Our fishery here is all run under the approval by the big dog....Phil Anderson.....Write a letter and complain you'll see what I mean.....Their all on a quest backed by junk science and in many ways Phil is the head junk scientist....running a crew of bio's that really don't know what they are doing.

Show me the science, doulbe blind studies, input past data, identify conclusions in a scientific model and dump the adaptive managment scheme....Guess what they can't show you the science and Phil should stop all this nonsense until they can....Fill the Cow and other damed up rivers with huge hatchery fish runs, protect tribs with wiers and get on with managing a fishery worth managing.......For pete sakes Phil don't be that guy....I don't consider you to be very intelligent just from the actions you have or have not taken, your ignorance is amazing..........Dam in the way...RJ out.

9. Chuck S

Chuck S Active Member

This state is the fricken lemming RJ ... the injuns and commercials are leading them right off the phuggin edge..............................................................

[​IMG]

10. River Jim

Hey Chuck

Maybe I was wrong you have identified the human lemmings using adaptive management....it works everytime just ask WDFW....RJ out.

11. 2MANY

2MANY Active Member

I agree totally with Phil.
    Mr. Phil Stephens that is.
    Come on Washington !!!!!........quit cashing your checks that you haven't earned and give us fish!!!!!...........and ensure that my son will have fish 40 years from now!!!!!

Earn your money and do what you are being paid to do!!

12. Cowlitzfisherman

Cowlitzfisherman Well-Known Member

We can't simply blame Phil; we need to blame the person who appoints our directors! I worked with every director that we have had for past 25 years and most of them were hired for one thing only, and it's called "management reasons" and not what they knew or know about our fish or game. Tdown: They are appointed because they are politically accepted by our states representatives.

The Director spends his lion share of his time dealing with the financial issues of our WDFW and not the actual issues of managing our resources. Instead, the director has people such as Frazier doing actual work or "hands on", and that's one of the reasons why things are so screwed up here! The Director can't be any better then the staff that does his work. IMO, it's really just too big of a position for just one person to handle. The director spends most of his time kissing the governors rear and trying to keep his job at the same time.

This what old Phil is expected to do....
    Would you guys want to be expected to do the same?
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/director_ ... t_2012.pdf

Also, we talked about Phil a couple years ago on this thread :eek:
    viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26059&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i wouldnt want to implement commercial fishing gear with a low release mortality rate in the fall for coho and chinook on the lower columbia without a plan that does not screw up sportfishing, he really needs to think about that, plus the other watersheds that this new gear may show up in.

Search tags for this page
lemmings running off
lemmings running off a clif
lemmings running off the cliff into the ocean

phil anderson wdfw biography