Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
speculation as of now of course...BUT is pete carroll ready to finally go to the pros? he has had a tremendous run at USC and could be looking to go to the big leagues. Really a no-lose situation out in ATL. you got about 3 years to put together a team

article from ESPN

Late Tuesday night, ESPN.com, citing multiple sources, reported that Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank is pursuing USC coach Pete Carroll according to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

According to the story, the Falcons "might be willing to grant Carroll far-reaching responsibilities." The Falcons on Tuesday said they were extending their simultaneous searches for a new head coach and general manager.

On Tuesday, the Falcons were granted permission to interview Tennessee defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. That interview is slated for this week. But the team was denied permission to talk to New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I don't think it will happen, I think carrol will stay at usc for another year or two until a better team in need of a coach comes along..

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
He already failed in the pros with the Jets and Patriots. He has succeeded big time in the college ranks at USC. Why would he leave? Money and power, but not with Atlanta. A pro team will pay him more, but he may not get the respect of the players. Much different coaching million dollar 25-35 year old personalities versus 18-20 year olds. Bad move to leave USC, if he does.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I don't think he'll be going either. Hes got it too good as SC.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think that he will stay there for a long time. At least till he stops winning. He is a top college coach and he seems to enjoy coaching at the college ranks where the players care about football more then the pro players that are more for the paycheck and "already know" everything. Seems that coaching college would be more fulfilling and besides I don't think he is in it for the money anyways like a real coach should be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts