Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is any dock space for overnight moorage at Pt. Defiance?

I haven't been down there with all the work they've been doing. I've got friday off, and was thinking of dropping the boat and leaving it overnight so I don't have to worry about the launch on Sat. AM for the derby.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
They have pulled the transient docks and there is only one courtesy dock with two ramps. You may try putting in and mooring in Gig Harbor or somewhere in the waterways in Tacoma, or anchor up in Quartermaster. I was down there yesterday and it looks no different than a few weeks ago.
Not a bad idea, if I had a larger boat I'd be there with you.
The derby is going to be a low tide launch, it's going to be very interesting launching and taking out with only one short dock.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My boat isn't big. It would just be the convience factor.

I think I may just end up launching at Redondo and heading down that way.

Its still an 8 ft tide, so it's not crazy low.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is the Gig Harbor launch and plenty of room at the Gig Harbor City dock. Also, you could launch at Pt. Defiance and run across, inside Quartermaster Harbor, and stay at Dockton, there is plenty of dock space there and it is not a far run to any of the fishing grounds.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I was wondering about the derby rules. Is it ok to fish lets say Area 13 and then when done fishing, put the boat on the trailer and take the fish to the weigh in, or do I have to bring them to the weigh in by water. Seems like there would be a lot of boats blocking the docks for quite a while if this wasn't the case. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Rule says that the fish must arrive at Pt D by boat. I was wondering that too as dock space is limited. Red, tell you what, if you catch a fish, call me and I will meet you and get it weighed for you. wink:

My 8 year old son bailed on me tonight for the derby. Seems that there is a birthday party on Sat at the movies and then lazer tag afterwards. I am still in shock. wink: We have a standing deal that the and I would split any winnings 50/50 and he wanted to know if that still stood even though he decided to go to the party. :D

So I will have to win this thing all by myself. This will save me about $20 in snacks.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thanks DB, looks like I'll be launching at Pt.D

With your son out of the picture, you will be a push over now. Kind of like the Packers without Brett Favre. wink:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Call Breakwater marina 253 752 6663. They are located just inside the breakwater at the Pt. Defiance launch, and they have some transient moorage available.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
blackmouth said:
Call Breakwater marina 253 752 6663. They are located just inside the breakwater at the Pt. Defiance launch, and they have some transient moorage available.
Sweet, thanks. Im calling tomorrow. Is there a chance I could launch the night before and moor the boat overnight. Sorry, I'm no expert with moorage and fishing the sound, maybe that what you are saying about transient moorage. I'll call tomorrow and find out for sure. Tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts