Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outrage of the Week -- Crossing the Line: This week's outrage comes from Pasquotank County in North Carolina.

If you want a gun permit in Pasquotank, you can go to the new Pasquotank Public Service Building in Elizabeth City, but you must stand in line. The only problem is that you, a law-abiding citizen, may have to stand in that line with convicted sex offenders. That's because if you're there to get a gun permit, there's only one line you're allowed to stand in; and the sign at the head of that line reads, "Gun Permits/Sex Offender Registration."

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Typical anti-gun tactic. They can't legally deny the permit, so they make it difficult, expensive, inconvenient or embarrassing to acquire. Fortunately (hopefully) I don't think it will have much effect on the people that want or need to exercise this right.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Do you think they'd mind if you showed up in a t-shirt that read "I'm Here For The Gun"?

A little odd that the story comes from North Carolina, though. I wouldn't have been so surprised to hear a story like this from SF.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
:roll:
More likely there is not enough county workers to dedicate one person for this, and two, the chances of a line with the population of that county is more than likely not going to happen. The population of Everett is almost three times that of the entire county. Typical anti-gun tactic. Has to be. :roll:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
You gave me a good laugh for a change Jabba. Tup: Tup: Tup:

You could always take the wife and let her stand in line for you. Then when she gets to the front of the queue you just take her place. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well it was just an idea. ;)

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well and good, Sir John. We both got a grin. If you think that brand of PCBS would stop me from standing the line, you're mistaken. One would hope that the good citizens of the town would take turns standing in line in large numbers just to provoke the system. A camera would probably start a riot. tee hee.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
MAD.CAM.AL said:
More likely there is not enough county workers to dedicate one person for this, and two, the chances of a line with the population of that county is more than likely not going to happen. The population of Everett is almost three times that of the entire county. Typical anti-gun tactic. Has to be. :roll:
Good points, MCA and definitely a possibility. Glad to see you finally agreed with me in the end though wink: .

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
TRAUT said:
MAD.CAM.AL said:
Good points, MCA and definitely a possibility. Glad to see you finally agreed with me in the end though wink: .
I guess I don't have that "everyone is out to get my gun" feeling yet, Traut. As time goes by I'll pay more attention to the "gun grabbers" and the loons who think we, the responsible, law abiding citizens are the problem.

Some of the people wating to get their CPL the day I went in looked like they should have been in line to register as offenders....of a lot of things! :shock:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
"Gun Permits/Sex Offender Registration."
I don't see what all of the fuss is about? conf:

They're just tryin' to keep the conservatives grouped together in the interest of efficiency... that's all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol the teeth in your avatar suit you Webo. Since at least part, not the permit buying part, of that line must obviously be liberals, I dont understand your penchant for saying conservative where it's so inappropriate.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
It seems like a good idea putting the problem and the solution together in the same line.

The efficiency may create more time for fishing and toddy's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts