Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you down south, my brother and I hit the Clackamas today. Neither one of us touched a fish after a few hours, so we hiked back to the truck and headed for Eagle creek. After a few miles of hiking and fishing we came up empty handed. I guess someday your just going to get skunked! Great day on the water though. Tomorrow I may head west with the wife and fish the Wilson if it doesn't get to cold and windy. Expecting temps down to the low 20's with winds up to 30 mph. brrrrrrrrrrr!

Jig'n

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I guess the fishing wasn't better there today than here, at least for me...sounds cold tomorrow...

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you go to the Wilson, be prepared for some tough driving across 6. Some of those corners can get really nasty the first few days of a freeze, even with the de-icer.

The river section above the guideshop has been best for catching, but beware the river is very sensitive to color change with any rainfall this year. If you know some of the bank spots in the lower river like Windy Bend or Josie's farm, they too have been kicking out fish the past few days.

Chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up, the last few trips I've made over there have been dicey.

We were thinking we should have done the Wilson today. It is closer to me and I do fish it pretty regularly. I did fairly well on the Clack last Monday and I was hoping for more action today, Kind of the "could of, would of, should of" scenario.

I think we called off fishing for tomorrow :( , it's too bad too, the Wilson has been blown out for the past 2 weeks. Next weekend the road will be closed for flood repairs.

Jig'n

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was down in Seaside over the weekend visiting a high school buddy. I grew up down there. We headed out Saturday morning on the Necanicum. The water was in excellant shape! It had all the color and makings of a productive day. We ended up at the power line hole and bonked one in the head there. It was my buddies first piece of steel and I forgot my camera!
It was good to get back to my old stomping grounds. Defintly a different river to fish than my norm!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think the nasty East wind would have put a damper on the fishing. You probably made the right choice to cancel.
Jody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts