Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 of us are leaving John Wayne Marina this coming Thursday Mornin, O-dark30, staying overnight on the boat, fishing the San Juans for Blackmouth, we need a 4th person, splitting the cost 4 ways is better'n 3 :) I know this is short notice but there it is. This is the boat we will be on.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Great offer! I'd think a bit more seriously if you were leaving from the Seattle side........have a great trip.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Good luck, sounds like fun.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Billy i sure wish i could make it down to fish with you and mitch Tup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Billy,
would love to go with ya, but kinda preoccupied right now. Definitely would like to hook up with ya when i get back to the states.
******* out

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We worked hard but this is all we came up with. Saw a lot of bait balls but very few fish. Same with the other boats we talked to.
The weather was'nt quite what we expected, a little cooler and overcast, was expecting SUNSHINE!, whut happen?
We got this one in 100ft of water at 69ft on the DR, so much for them being on bottom, We dragged bottom, bouncin balls, ringin the dinner bell, to no avail, saw a bait ball in the 40 to 70 ft range so I went there and this guy bit my spackleback spoon with chartruse colored,w/glitter, sardine flavored smelly jelly, green flasher. We used everything, SilverHorde plugs, various spoons, hoochies,cutplug herring, whole herring, herring in helmets, We peed in the ocean, nothin worked. the fish just were'nt there. We worked HeinBank, Eastern Bank, Eagle Point, Salmon Bank, couple other spots, nuttin.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Good for you Billy! I came back today after fishing Lopez Pass and Guemes Channel, we couldn't even find the bait. We were around a couple of the local charters - so we felt like we were in the right spot, but nothing. We tried coyotes, hootchies, ace-high fly, coho killer - you name it. Oh well, nice day on the water.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Billy outfished Cheez. Now that does not happen often.

Billy at least you get something to show for all the time you were on the water.

Did you get anybody to fill the spare spot.??????????????

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Looks like you found that one on Salmon Bank. We hade a pretty slow few days also. Looks like things have slowed quite a bit compared to three weeks ago. Glad to see you at least got one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts