Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home a bit early from work today and decided since the boat was in the water to try to get some BM before dark.

1st bad thing... dropped my leatherman off the dock into the bay as I was getting on the boat.
2nd bad thing ... main motor didnt want to start. got it started after a few pinches of the bulb and I was on my way.
3rd... forgot my license and had to come back home to get it. Only about 3 miles out.
4th... my main motor started chugging a bit when I brought it down to idle. didnt think anything of it as I started the kicker.
5th.. as I lower my down my DR I noticed a "fray" in the wire :eek:
6th. after trolling the downrigger around for thirty minutes I figured I would go home before it snapped( no I dont carry a repair kit ) i will from now on though.
7th bad thing.. My e-tec will start but when I put it in gear the thing chuggs and dies!
8th.. i got home and only had two beers in the fridge! and no fish to show!

made it home on the kicker just fine, but I went to flush the main and it started and ran just fine. pissed and confused i sit here now. I am going to take it out of the water and into the shop though. Hopefully it isnt too serious but looks like this weekend may be shot! Just had to rant a bit!

Rook

·
Registered
474 Posts
well you still got your sense of humor. Sorry about the following cliche but I can't help it. " If it wasn't for the rough days we wouldn't know when we are having great days. Good luck next time. and seriously, Sorry about your troubles. I have had a couple days like that too.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TRAUT said:
Hey, look on the bright side - it's easy to get more beers for the fridge! Hang in there!
I like that... and after I got the boat on the trailor that is just what i did.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Rook,
at least you can see,get on, run and utilize your boat, havent seen mine in about 5 months, and dont know when i will!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
******* yacht said:
Rook,
at least you can see,get on, run and utilize your boat, havent seen mine in about 5 months, and dont know when i will!
That sucks man! Felt that pain before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts