Game Fishing Forum banner

Oly Pen report (pics)

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  powder 
#1 ·
Sorry no fish pics. Had a great time fishing it just did not involve any catching.It seems I just was not in the right place at the right time, although I was on the right river most of the time. The Quilleute system wasn't giving up many fish for the most part so we fished the Hoh most of the week. Some folks did fairly well on the Hoh but mainly in the upper stretches.Might have to pick up a drift boat before next year,I'm thinking with the smaller runs every year a guy just needs to cover more water and it's kind of hard to do banking it.I did end up with a nice sunburn and a couple of medium size hangovers for my efforts also, so pretty darn good vacation overall. wink: Heres a few pics of the trip anyway.

Solduc

Beach pics

Elk herd

Low Hoh

Lower Hoh

See less See more
#2 ·
Sometimes, fishing the olympic peninsula isn't always about catching fish. I am in envy. Havent been able to find the time to make it over there this year, and boy do I miss home. Would trade for a few days of skunko out there, for a few days to scratch up a fish here, any day of the year. Wonderful place that never gets old. Thanks for the pics.

Hope the Hoh looks like that this weekend!!!

#7 ·
J.D. said:
Sometimes, fishing the olympic peninsula isn't always about catching fish. I am in envy. Havent been able to find the time to make it over there this year, and boy do I miss home. Would trade for a few days of skunko out there, for a few days to scratch up a fish here, any day of the year. Wonderful place that never gets old. Thanks for the pics.

Hope the Hoh looks like that this weekend!!!
You kinda read my mind, just being there and fishing is awsome a fish here and there is just a bonus.I'd trade darn near anything I own to live there... hopefully someday. :D

#9 ·
Nice Pix SeaRanger21,

I always wondered - In that first pic.....is that your place? or is that essentially public access from the bank?

been a productive little spot for us years past.....least from the boat ;)

Any day on the OP (including a pissin down rain &/or blowin-to-beat-all days) is a vast improvement on a day at the office. Good weather=bonus. Add a fish or two=double bonus.

#10 ·
symbiosis said:
Nice Pix SeaRanger21,

I always wondered - In that first pic.....is that your place? or is that essentially public access from the bank?

been a productive little spot for us years past.....least from the boat ;)

Any day on the OP (including a pissin down rain &/or blowin-to-beat-all days) is a vast improvement on a day at the office. Good weather=bonus. Add a fish or two=double bonus.
The side of the river I'm on is owned by the Lions Club( I was staying dry for a few and doing a little plunking while a squall passed by.Across the river a good friend that I have known for years has 60 acres there including 3500 ft of river frontage they operate a bed and breakfast there (link below). That whole stretch of river has been very productive for me also,it's pretty difficult to land a fish from the Lions club side though bankin it, I've lost three fish over 20lbs from there and downstream a couple hundred yards and one of them was easily over 25 :oops:

http://www.brightwaterhouse.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.