Gamefishin.com banner

101 - 120 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well my first winter trip went well! Thought I'd share my pics. The bite was late and was lots of pressure on the fish but I was able to scramble up with 2 hook ups and missing 2 others. I was fishing a new nightmare jig I had tied last year and hadn't tried it yet. Made the first drift nothin...second drift goes about 5 ft bobber down land a decent hen about 10 -12lbs. Take care of that and 3rd cast goes about 3 ft on the drift bobber down! Landed a beauty hen guess between 15-16ls! Fish was wild and released healthy. After that saw 1 fish hooked the next 2 hrs so I left.
20151227_114222-1.jpg
20151227_121635.jpg
KC out!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
KC I think you were fishing just to the right of me yesterday morning. The water color looks the same and I'd bet those wild fish were unclipped.

I left at 10:30 and went to a different river. I guess it picked up sometime after that.

·
Registered
585 Posts
KC I think you were fishing just to the right of me yesterday morning. The water color looks the same and I'd bet those wild fish were unclipped.

I left at 10:30 and went to a different river. I guess it picked up sometime after that.
Just might be possible I hooked my fish around 10:30- 11 o'clock wasn't paying attention to the time really. We might have even fished the same hole. I was in the mode to catch a fish haven't been out lately. My group of 4 hooked 4 fish only landed 3 and 2 where "Wild". Guess I was the lucky one with the fin clipper. KC out!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
You're killin em! Here's a tip though, take a pic of your fish before you put em in the cooler.

Just pullin your chain have fun out there.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I recognize that stretch that of water Winterun. I'll be there on Monday.
Haha! Metal, your probably one of the few that does!!! Good luck out there!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
IMG_20151226_101544_148.jpg

We ended up short one for a double (legal) limit, but it wasn't because the lack of willing biters!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
After almost 3 months of dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck, my doctor has cleared me to start fishing again. Hoping I can add a little chrome of my own to all the great posts this season.

See you on the water

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Yeah the 905 is a sweet winter drift rod. I use my 904 in the summer.

The fish is bigger than 12, the tail dragged on the ground when I lifted it past my waist. Pic doesn't do much justice. I'm still working on my photography skills.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah the 905 is a sweet winter drift rod. I use my 904 in the summer.

The fish is bigger than 12, the tail dragged on the ground when I lifted it past my waist. Pic doesn't do much justice. I'm still working on my photography skills.
That a Revo Beast on there as well?

101 - 120 of 232 Posts