Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country." :eek:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Sir John,

I believe it might be a link to an online video presentation.

I don't watch TV online... Or offline either... But I do get the following text message.
wot we hav LernD Ovr DIS yr. iz dat hOp iz makin a comeback. It iz makin a comeback. & lt me teL U somTIN -- 4 d 1st tym n my adult lifetime, I M rly proud of my cuntrE. & not jst cuz Barack hz dn weL, bt cuz I tink ppl R :eek:9 4 chAng. & I hav Bin desperate 2 c our cuntrE moving n dat directN & jst not fEln so aloN n my frustr8N & :-e. Ive cn ppl hu R :eek:9 2 b unified rownd som basic comN isUz, & it's mAd me proud.
Translation:
"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."
- Michelle Obama

I agree... Vote for Barack Obama because of his many attractive qualities.
He is half black and half white, half Muslim and half Christian, half American and half foreign and has many half-baked ideas. Obama has been endorsed by wrestler Hulk Hogan and famed swimmer Ted Kennedy.
...And I get all giddy just thinking about the new Obama-Nation. wink:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Did not a well known drug taker stand behind one of your candidates. You must remember that guy.

You are voting on the Candidates not their wives or their colour. I will raise the colour subject here as I am not American and feel more comfortable about raising it. I am pleased you Righties are not bringing up the subject because if you do I will put you in the stocks and you will get pelted with all the rotten eggs I can muster. Stick with the candidates and all will be fair in love and cyber space.

Also if you look closely at the video you will see that it has been slowed down to make it look like she is having difficulty speaking. If you are poking fun at her accent then you better watch out for Billy as he talks with a Southern draw.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
You are voting on the Candidates not their wives or their colour. I will raise the colour subject here as I am not American and feel more comfortable about raising it. I am pleased you Righties are not bringing up the subject because if you do I will put you in the stocks and you will get pelted with all the rotten eggs I can muster. Stick with the candidates and all will be fair in love and cyber space.
British eggs may smell worse than American eggs, but they have little to no effect on us. Careful old man, I throw rottn fruit in return.

I think anyone who doesn't think Obama's race isn't important must be on something. If Obama leans towards pushing for more "affirmative action" that we don't need, it should be discussed here and everywhere. Anytime you give a skilled job to the less qualified candidate, everyone in America suffers. Our military is a prime example that affirmative action often punishes the most qualified.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Maybe she is not fluent in Ebonics. lol.

I do watch some TV Birch. Just watched the NBC Lead talking to Obama. Obama said the country needs someone to excite the voter. Hell on that criteria I vote for Paris, Eva or Kat McPhee.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sir John,

Interpretation is subjective.

People can take from the posting of a video that shows Michelle Obama just yesterday saying, " for the first time in my adult lifetime [25+ years] I'm really proud of my country" what they want.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=49244

However, most people who were lucky enough to have been born in America know that there are COUNTLESS things to be 'really proud of' about our great country. wink:

When a person has been unable or unwilling to see ANYTHING in America to be really proud of in the last 25+ years it's very illuminating. light:

G

·
I didn't realize (until now) this specific board had so many RACIST people on it. You folks need to grow up. Tdown: clown:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
See, if you say something one of THEM doesn't like you get called names. They cannot see the man in the mirror. Societal vampires perhaps?

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Skorzeny said:
See, if you say something one of THEM doesn't like you get called names. They cannot see the man in the mirror. Societal vampires perhaps?
Apparently. Especially when you consider that affirmative action IS racist, and sexist.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
This country was built with the attitude of, "We will put our boot in your ass, and if you don't like it TOUGH!!"

This country is so scared to make anyone feel bad about themselves or hurt anyone's emotions. All this political correctness is going to make me puke.

Our top allies our countries that we have already went to war with and kicked their butt, now according to most we should just pull all our troops from all over the globe and just stay home and take what we have coming to us and then we will have a little get together and discuss whether or not we should even do any type of retaliation. Oh and what the heck lets invite all kinds of immigrants and let them bleed us from the inside out. There are just to many frickin sissies trapezing around the head of our country anymore and Obama will be one of them for sure. Everyone is sitting at home in their nice little recliners and can do anything they want and be relatively safe in this country, but for some reason all anyone wants is CHANGE!!! Give it a break, and wake up. Change is already upon us, and its not necessarily a good thing. conf:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Especially when you consider that affirmative action IS racist, and sexist

FS I agree with you on this point. Over here the Parliamentary Parties are bringing this in when they are choosing the people they want to put forward as candidates. Labour and Conservatives both want more Women and Blacks on their benches. I am now represented by a woman, do not know anything about her yet. In the last place were I lived I was represented by a fella who had been in Parliament for a long time. When he decides to retire the Labour Party have said that the next candidate must be a woman.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
More "hate bait" for the right-wing retards is ALL that quote is. clown: Tdown:

Maybe Michelle Obama has just been 'regular proud'... instead of REALLY proud up 'til now? How do we know?

Bottom line is... it doesn't really matter. We ALL have the Constitutionally-guaranteed individual right to be as proud of WHATEVER we want... WHENEVER we want... and HOW MUCH we want to be proud.

Were you right-wing extremists 'really proud' of America when Clinton was caught lying with his fly down? :?

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Webo, you're so full of feces, you smell even from here in front of my keyboard.

If Michelle were anything other than a black woman supporting her half black man, she would have made the "proud" comment in regards to American's response to the 9/11 tragedy, like the rest of us "real" Americans.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Webo said:
Were you right-wing extremists 'really proud' of America when Clinton was caught lying with his fly down? :?
Yes I was 'really proud' of America then Tup: , because one act by one individual does not constitute an entire country. light:

That one act reflected poorly on one person's character and does not negate the COUNTLESS things there are to be REALLY PROUD of America about. clap:

wink:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
fishslave said:
Webo, you're so full of feces, you smell even from here in front of my keyboard.

If Michelle were anything other than a black woman supporting her half black man, she would have made the "proud" comment in regards to American's response to the 9/11 tragedy, like the rest of us "real" Americans.
Oh brother.... :roll:

Talk about a steamy load!

Thanks for playing "grabbing for straws". The level the right will go to defile is hitting all-time lows. Focus on Hillary for crying out loud, at least you have substance there.

Webo, did you forget your BO juice this morning? :oops:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
The level the right will go to defile is hitting all-time lows.
Mad, she chose her words poorly. But hey, they're just words, right? Isn't the the premise of Obama using other peoples words now? Fact is, she said something she shouldn't have. Rather than sounding like a supportive wife, she sounds arrogant and un-American.

Neither Obama, nor his wife have the presidential/first lady qualities I'm looking for. Deal with it.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I don't think so Mad-Cam?

Nobody... ESPECIALLY Obama haters like fs and the rest of the RWWJ's knows what Michelle Obama may or may not be proud of... and that's my whole point.

she chose her words poorly.
YES... she did! We agree on that.

But... it is being grossly blown out of proportion and I would feel the exact same way if it was Mrs. McCain who said something similar.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I'm not trying to sway your vote, so do whatever makes you feel good, fs. :D

You can make any issue as large or as small as you deem necessary for the purposes that suite you best. That's your prerogative, and we all do it. I think the right is very, very afraid of an Obama presidency and it's looking like that may be very possible. They have slowed the "eating of their own" all over TV and radio as of late because of this. I'm just waiting for the "swift boat" attack. If this is type of material they're going to use, it's not gonna work. wink:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Nobody... ESPECIALLY Obama haters like fs and the rest of the RWWJ's knows what Michelle Obama may or may not be proud of... and that's my whole point.
She told us what she's proud of. Are you saying we can't take her at her word?

None of the Obama defenders actually KNOWS where Obama stands on issues. I realize it likely doesn't "matter" to any of you, but to me it does. I prefer to know what a candidates plans are if he is elected. Hope and change is just a little too "Hitler" for me. I don't want a leader who can stir a crowd. I want one who can solve problems and that usually involves having EXPERIENCE of more than a few years. You're going to nominate the least qualified candidate your party put forth.

That's been my whole point all along, but some of you aren't capable of making well reasoned decisions. Nominating a black man just because he "did good" is absurd. It's worse than racism.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts