Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys and gals catch the OBAMA speech everyone is talking about?

2/14/08
America! Today is a day we can ALL make a differenceâ€"â€"Tomorrow, will not only be a different dayâ€"â€"it will be another day. We all gather here to change that of yesterday and forge a new tomorrow. Everyone in this crowd is part of a new dawn, not just the rising of a new sun,â€"â€"the rising of a new light,â€"â€" a new horizon, not a mere mountain top,â€"â€"a new soaring dream of hope rising far above the mountain tops,â€"â€" and a new era,â€"â€"an era that will usher in new enthusiasm for hope and prosperity for the coming years. Hope that one day we all have a brighter tomorrow,â€"â€" a brighter future,â€"â€"a future brighter than yesterday. I say to you, today we all put yesterday behind us and move forward to a new age of change,â€"â€" change that will turn yesterday into another passing day and make tomorrow another day to come. Let us all work together so we don’t all fall apart. Let us make the future something to anticipate and let’s bring in a different kind of leaderâ€"â€" a leader who will govern with contrasting vigor,â€"â€" a leader who stands for something not just behind a promise of hope, but a real vision of hope.â€"â€"Hope that when the average American wakes up in the morning and opens their eyes, it puts the darkness of night behind themâ€"â€" Hope that when you get in your cars and drive to work you do so with the rear view mirror always facing backward at the road you left behind.

People... I offer you change,â€"â€"change like you’ve never seen before. The kind of change I bring is the change that changes the change you thought you had the last time someone promised you change. My change is real change,â€"â€"not just a change for change sake, or old promises of changes from a bygone era, If you support the kind of change that brings about change then vote for change by voting for MEâ€"â€" Barrack Obamaâ€"â€" and let us bring about change together. Tomorrow my friends we shall have hope,â€"â€" Not just the aspirations of new fortune,â€"â€"the aspirations of a new promise,â€"â€" the promise of fresh ideas and the promise that old ideas of failed policies shall never again be new upon the minds of tomorrows leaders,â€"â€"hope that you can dream for a brighter future without the troubles of yesterday’s failures haunting your wishes of tomorrows hopefulness. Today we make history, and leave yesterday where it belongs,â€"â€"IN THE PAST,â€"â€" a past that doesn’t belong in the future or in the present for today my friends, we make tomorrow a day to look forward to like never before. We will not let yesterdays change, change the change that changed our country into what it is today, so vote for MEâ€"â€"Barrack Obamaâ€" The agent of Change…..

G

·
Yeah.... and you're point is??? So what. he used the words change (a lot), he said don't look to the past (so what). I don't want to look to the past (we've all live that). What's wrong with hope? :roll:

I take it you don't want to look to a new future with someone new. Something different. Not the same old crap that we've been living through for the past eight, ten, 12 years. And I'm talking about both the dems. and the repubs. sick:

When the Clintons were in there, there were scandals, back stabbing, BS. And with the Bush's....the same thing. conf:

Yes...I am hoping for a change. Is that so wrong. :roll:

What is it that you're looking for?? :(

And the last thing i'll say: You must have listened to the whole thing, plus you either copied and pasted or you typed out the whole thing. Bottom line HE grabbed your attention.....and kept it. And you're probably still thinking about it.

Welcome aboard the "Change Train" Tup:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I say to you, today we all put yesterday behind us and move forward to a new age of change,â€"â€" change that will turn yesterday into another passing day and make tomorrow another day to come.
That's Change? :?:

People... I offer you change,â€"â€"change like you’ve never seen before. The kind of change I bring is the change that changes the change you thought you had the last time someone promised you change. My change is real change,â€"â€"not just a change for change sake, or old promises of changes from a bygone era, If you support the kind of change that brings about change then vote for change by voting for MEâ€"â€" Barrack Obamaâ€"â€" and let us bring about change together.
Ummm! :roll: I hope that rap sounds better when you are enraptured! :lol:

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was a great speech! The best ever written in the history of politics.. Tup: You have to read it with the verbal stylings of MLK to really get the true meaning... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Sounds to me like a speech describing "new poop that looks just like the old poop but a different day".

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
fishinfoolz said:
I thought it was a great speech! The best ever written in the history of politics.. Tup: You have to read it with the verbal stylings of MLK to really get the true meaning... :mrgreen:
I'm thinking that not everybody is getting the joke yet. You have both sides responding to it (defending and ridiculing it) as if it's real.

Well done.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ROFLMAO, I didn't make it through three sentences before I rolled out of my chair laughing, you should have seen all the change that fell out of my pockets. It was change that I have not yet spent, but may very well be the same change I get back in a few days that I put in my pocket again. Then I will come home and read this speech again and the change will all fall out of my pocket again, and so on....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Cohoho said:
fishinfoolz said:
I'm thinking that not everybody is getting the joke yet. You have both sides responding to it (defending and ridiculing it) as if it's real.

Well done.
I'm pretty sure we all figured out it was a joke right away, but it was still too close to reality not to elicit responses as though it were real.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
fishslave said:
Cohoho said:
fishinfoolz said:

Well done.
I'm pretty sure we all figured out it was a joke right away, but it was still too close to reality not to elicit responses as though it were real.
Ha Ha, good one FS. That is exactly what I was thinking, sounded just like the sort of speech he would voice as well. :lol:

G

·
Theking said:
IBC loved it. He thought it was real and inspiring. It touched him intellectually and emotionally.
Gawd.....your an idiot!!!! Nice.... real nice!!! clap: Tdown:

So I made a mistake. And was wrong. I sincerly apologize to you "KING". You get your jollies at the expense of other people. I've read other post from you. Do you have nothing better to do in life than to ridicule and make other people feel below you. Is that what makes your life whole? It seems it's either your way or the highway!!!! I don't think I've ever seen, but a few of your post where you've actually agreed with someone. You like to be condescending, you degrade other people, not to mention humiliate. You really get a kick out it. Have you always gone through life by treating people with an air of superiority?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
IBC,

Its perfectly normal to try and deflect when you make a mistake. To try and make it the other persons probalem. It in fact is a liberal trait. "I" am the root of all of your issues and if" I" would just change and be more like you your life would be better. Welcome clown:

G

·
Theking said:
IBC,

Its perfectly normal to try and deflect when you make a mistake. To try and make it the other persons probalem. It in fact is a liberal trait. "I" am the root of all of your issues and if" I" would just change and be more like you your life would be better. Welcome clown:
Perfect.....That's just the typical answer I would have expected coming from you. You just don't get it and you never will. You're a sad individual. clown: clown:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"And the last thing i'll say: You must have listened to the whole thing, plus you either copied and pasted or you typed out the whole thing. Bottom line HE grabbed your attention.....and kept it. And you're probably still thinking about it.

Welcome aboard the "Change Train"

You are right I do not get it and if I get it like you do it would be sad.

G

·
Theking said:
"And the last thing i'll say: You must have listened to the whole thing, plus you either copied and pasted or you typed out the whole thing. Bottom line HE grabbed your attention.....and kept it. And you're probably still thinking about it.

Welcome aboard the "Change Train"

You are right I do not get it and if I get it like you do it would be sad.
Man....what is it with you???? Did you fail to see my post where I said "I made a Mistake and that I admitted I was wrong".

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM??

I'll say it again: "I made a Mistake and I was wrong" about reading that original post about the speech.

Give it rest would ya.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
IBCN - King will be wetting himself all night long cause he thinks he scored one over on the Dems.

It is a sad life when he cannot accept your apologise.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
C'mon now guys. You gotta admit that one learns more from their mistakes than their successes. Even the toff, Sir John, would allow that bit of logic. I think he would anyway. Anyone that old has had plenty of time to learn. I think.
One thing is consistent tho, when you post a bit of political levity some one will almost always play "fish on" and run with it.
Ya gotta be able to laugh at your self now and then. Being too serious will give you more wrinkles than Hillary.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"It is a sad life when he cannot accept your apologise"

It is a sad life when one cannot tell that someone is being sarcastic in their mock apology to set up a tirade of insults.

No pad off to the kitchen and eat your Jello old man.

G

·
sir john said:
IBCN - King will be wetting himself all night long cause he thinks he scored one over on the Dems.

It is a sad life when he cannot accept your apologise.
I'm glad you recognized my appology. If I make a mistake or am wrong about something. I'll man up to it and admit it.

Like I said. I was wrong and I made a mistake....sorry!

That person needs some very serious help........man!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts