Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now watched his speech, and America;s reaction to it. This will be yet another milestone in our country electing a black man. His speech was, open, honest and eloquent. This one was over the fence.

In 100 years words from this speech will be repeated as the nation honors another great leader.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Re: Obama Strikes Out!

Wham Bam said:
I have now watched his speech, and America;s reaction to it. This will be yet another milestone in our country electing a black man. His speech was, open, honest and eloquent. This one was over the fence.

In 100 years words from this speech will be repeated as the nation honors another great leader.
You are obviously in greater need of help than we had guessed! clown:

Obama is road kill this election cycle. His admission that his attraction to the Trinity Lutheran Church was because he identified with the racist bigotry will not help... even if it leads him to advocate change.

Let us hope that he is dead meat for good in the political arena. Peoples memories are short and I would hate to see him back in 2012.
:|

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Wham Bam said:

The days of candidates writing their own speeches has long since passed. I judge a man by his deeds and his own words, not the glossy "Hollywood" mash you were fed and seemed to devour. I would normally suggest you try some critical thinking exercises, but I don't think you're capable. You appear to be too easily brainwashed and misled. That's the same kind of weak mind that Hitler was able to manipulate and control.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
If Barack Obama truly wants to 'change' things and help put an end to racism in America, why didn't he stand up in his own Church that he attended for 20 years and publicly oppose and protest the vehement hate and bigotry that was regularly espoused/preached from the pulpit :?:

Standing up to denounce the on-going racist rhetoric in his own Church would have seemed like a pretty good place to start if ending hateful and destructive racism was indeed his goal. Given the fact that he didn't stand up and say anything to denounce Rev. Wright until his damning 'sermons' were made public and his association with him was becoming a political liability is very telling. light:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Obama has become the one thing he has so tried to avoid being. The Black candidate. Why did Hillary stay in the race. She knew it would only be a matter of time before something big dropped. Funny it won't be the racist republicans that beat him. It is the racist white democrats that are doing it to one of their own. Although it will be spun to blame the republicans. isn't politics a fun game......

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Funny it won't be the racist republicans that beat him. It is the racist white democrats that are doing it to one of their own.
Not buying that for a minute. Hillary has always held the position that she will be the nominee and racism has nothing to do with it. She would have done everything she could to smear any candidate, as would her supporters. These ARE the Clinton's we're talking about here. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The machine has just started to work on him Whammo. I find it typical that the libs always declare victory in the face of defeat and typically before the last battles have even been fought. The last big one was after the first debate in the 04 elecetion. Kerry's campaign manager " I believe we just saw the next president of the United States" How is that working for you Whammo?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The speech I saw was just a BS spin to try to get ahead of the slaying he's taking now... The guy is a great talker, probably a nice guy with good intentions too. It will be a shame if he is elected (Hillary too). Neither can handle the job.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
TheSilverSlayer said:
Kinda like how bush declared mission accomplished on the deck of that carrier. How many years ago was that???
I'm hoping the next president to set foot on an aircraft carrier actually has the credentials to do so. It will be a sweet homecoming IMO.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
That WAS a proud day for patriots and pro Americans alike. clap:

The scene with the honorable and unwaivering President Bush standing proud, chest out in bold confidence with the mighty power of the American Miltary's unstoppable and undeniable technologically advanced weaponry in the background was indeed a proud day. A day that will forever mark the end of major military operations and stick in the throats of liberals and secular progressives as a day they once again lost their hollow argument that America isn't a force for good around the world. Tup:

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
You follow me around this forum with great consistency and say I'M getting hot and bothered by another man. clown: clap:

You never have anything useful to add in any of these discussions but personal bs. Like many of your brethren YOU are a follower with nothing original and nothing useful. YOU are pitiful. :lol:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You're not going to cry, are you, Mr. Badass Tough Guy? You ARE going all 'ga-ga' over another man. We know how enamored you were over Bush in his flight suit, but hearing about it is about as appealing as watching 'Brokeback Mountain'.

I don't follow you around. You leave your drivel all over every thread, so it's just impossible to avoid your idiocy.

The only person who thinks YOU add anything of value to a thread is you. But here's a deal. Stop posting idiotic garbage, and I won't respond to your posts. Or, continue posting garbage, I'll respond, and you can cry about it.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Blah blah blah. Typical liberal bs. I gotta hand it to ya though...Gotta go with your strengths... Tup: clap:

Oh and with all the mention of flight suits and Brokeback Mountain and references to other men getting hot and bothered If I were you I'd look into that behavior. I think they have either medication or counseling to help you.. Tup:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hey Whammer,

The worm is turning

"In Speech, Obama Contradicted More Than a Year of Denials About His Knowledge of Rev. Wright's Sermons

By BRIAN ROSS and AVNI PATEL

March 19, 2008

Buried in his eloquent, highly praised speech on America's racial divide, Sen. Barack Obama contradicted more than a year of denials and spin from him and his staff about his knowledge of Rev. Jeremiah Wright's controversial sermons.

Is Obama's Pastor a Liability? Similarly, Obama also has only recently given a much fuller accounting of his relationship with indicted political fixer Antoin "Tony" Rezko, a longtime friend, who his campaign once described as just one of "thousands of donors."

Until yesterday, Obama said the only thing controversial he knew about Rev. Wright was his stand on issues relating to Africa, abortion and gay marriage.

"I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial," Obama said at a community meeting in Nelsonville, Ohio, earlier this month.

"He has said some things that are considered controversial because he's considered that part of his social gospel; so he was one of the leaders in calling for divestment from South Africa and some other issues like that," Obama said on March 2.

His initial reaction to the initial ABC News broadcast of Rev. Wright's sermons denouncing the U.S. was that he had never heard his pastor of 20 years make any comments that were anti-U.S. until the tape was played on air.

But yesterday, he told a different story.

"Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes," he said in his speech yesterday in Philadelphia.

Obama did not say what he heard that he considered "controversial," and the campaign has yet to answer repeated requests for dates on which the senator attended Rev. Wright's sermons over the last 20 years.

Rezko Played Bigger Role,

In the case of his relationship with Rezko, Obama has also been slow to acknowledge the full extent of his relationship.

It was only last week that he revealed Rezko had raised some $250,000 in campaign contributions for him.

The campaign had initially claimed Rezko-connected contributions were no more than $60,000, an amount the campaign donated to charity. Then the figure grew to around $86,000, and there were additional revelations that put the amount at about $150,000. Obama's $250,000 accounting was a substantial jump and clearly contradicted earlier campaign statements that Rezko was just one of "thousands of donors."

Rezko is now on trial in federal court in Chicago, charged with a pattern of bribing state officials to obtain various Illinois state contracts. Rezko has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Obama was initially vague about Rezko's role in helping him buy a new home on Chicago's south side. Unable to afford an adjacent vacant lot the seller wanted to sell at the same time as the house, Obama approached Rezko. Rezko's wife bought the lot on the same day Obama bought the house, and then later, Mrs. Rezko sold the Obamas a strip of the lot which gave the Obamas a larger backyard.

Obama called it a "bone-headed" mistake but never revealed, until he met with Chicago reporters last week, that Rezko had actually toured the house with him and been deeply involved in the transaction.

In a statement, campaign press secretary Bill Burton said, "Last week, Sen. Obama spent almost three hours answering every single question about Tony Rezko posed by the local reporters who've covered the story closest for years. Those newspapers said they were more than satisfied with his open, honest answers. We've given all of the money contributed to Barack Obama's federal campaigns that could reasonably be credited to Mr. Rezko's political support to charity. Sen. Obama also provided an estimate of the most that could have possibly been raised as a result of Mr. Rezko's efforts, but that estimate is not a basis upon which any individual contributions can be donated to charity. "

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Christ queen... you're part of the farkin' copy / paste parade now too? conf:

As misguided and bizarre as your opinions are here... at least they used to be your own. :roll:

Now I see you've boarded the brain-dead express with all of the rest of the extremist right-wing automatons... posting other people's opinions because they lack the cognitive capacity to formulate their own. clown:

Whadda expect from 'conservatives' though... I guess. :cool:

Here... let's save Bruce a little space on the site server by puttin' all the hate Obama bullsh!t to rest with one fell swoop:

Obama ain't Wright and Wright ain't Obama... so try as the right-wing retards might to make it so... it just ain't! Tup:

It's funny to see them all gaggled up here like a bunch of giddy pre-teen girls at a slumber party... C&Pin' their little brains out thinkin' they got one over on somebody. :? :geek:

Newsflash: You DON'T!

Whine, cry, b!tch and moan as much as you want... but it STILL won't change the inevitable. Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the United States and there ain't a farkin' thing you Kool-Aid swillers can do about it! Tup:

So how do ya like them apples? wink:

Ohh and before I forget... where's this 'proof' that the Irish and Jews have had it worse than the blacks here in AMERICA?

Yeah... that's what I thought. clown:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
"Yeah... that's what I thought."

Lol. There you go braggin again Webo. The very idea that you're capable of thought other than stringing a bunch of adjectives together like the Worm of Ouroboros is tittilating. Kind like watching danS exercise his crush on Ff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts